Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2003 GS300 going Aristo this fall. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11, 01:26 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I do that setup quite often. Are you going to run a standalone? That's the route to go if you're wanting to push big power. I've pushed the A650E up to 720whp on 33psi on E85 through the auto 5 speed. I can also get the car to work with the 5-speed and still get the car to pass state inspection. It's all in setting up the electronics and tuning. I would say tuning is 70% of getting the car to run properly. My cars have no check engine lights and pass state inspection with no problems. If you want to pass state inspection then you have to run the stock ecu with a "modified" piggback.
Old 04-18-11, 11:10 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ooops my question is to why wouldn u wanna use the eshift option?
Old 04-18-11, 09:18 PM
Answer300
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Jeff, what system do you think will do the trick? E-Man Ultimate, Blue, AEM?
Im either going to run the PHR GT60 or the GT60-1. i know you will have the best soultion as far as what tune will work best. really not lookin to go over 20-25psi. we need to meet up jeff and figure this out
Old 04-19-11, 06:02 PM
AWDtoyota
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by japspec
Yea i know that car it was done by chris and farley in florida sold to a guy in maryland and you bought it. Looks good but nobody uses the eshift option thats why people dont wire it up and in japan they disable the vsc and they use the greddy fuel cut instead of the hks fcd which is the worst fcd to use.
Don't mean to jump in...

Do you have any contact info for chris and farley? Where in FL are they?

I am in the same boat. I would like the vvti gte swap, on a 05 GS but I want to keep the e-shift.
Old 04-19-11, 09:18 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AWDtoyota
Don't mean to jump in...

Do you have any contact info for chris and farley? Where in FL are they?

I am in the same boat. I would like the vvti gte swap, on a 05 GS but I want to keep the e-shift.
Chris and farleys shop is on powerline and sample sft south florida turbo is the name of the shop if i'm not mistaken. I'll try to get the number for you.
Old 04-20-11, 05:42 PM
AWDtoyota
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by japspec
Chris and farleys shop is on powerline and sample sft south florida turbo is the name of the shop if i'm not mistaken. I'll try to get the number for you.
Please do.

PM me the number, or the address/directions....I don't want to clutter this thread...
Old 12-08-11, 05:04 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Are there any write up's on doing the wiring for the 2002+ swaps anywhere? Having trouble searching for it specifically. Thanks.
Old 12-10-11, 05:43 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Just basically figure it out yourself. There are few ways, one is easier the other is harder...but I guess it's still relative to what you think is hard or not lol.

Method 1: I usually don't do this, it's more work IMO. You basically cut all the wires from the stock GE body harness, and merge it with the Aristo ECU plug and pin it all out. This obviously requires major soldering. I'm not aware of anyone that has actually done this on a 02+ GS. This method removes the stock GE ecu out of the equation and you just run the Aristo ECU in its place. With this method, there is no way to pass OBD2 emissions testing because the JDM aristo ecu uses a different communications protocol that is not compatible with American OBD testing equipment.

Method 1.5: Same as above but instead of removing the stock GE ecu keep it in there. Piggyback the Aristo ECU on top of the stock ecu and basically just let the Aristo ecu control the fuel/ignition. So this method is running twin ecu. Stock GE ecu to control most all the stock body functions and the GTE ecu strictly to run the engine. With this method, it might be possible to pass emissions but will require extensive sensor simulation and experimentation.

Method 2: This is what I usually do for a mild build. Use the GE harness and modify it and extend the plugs to various sensors on the engine. This is the easiest method for a 02+ car IMO. You retain the stock GE ecu and then run a piggyback system such as the AEM FIC or eManage Ultimate. This is the easiest method to pass OBD2 emissions testing.

Method 3: Used for higher HP builds on a GS. Same thing as method 2, use the GE harness and extend the various sensor wires to the proper locations. You must still keep the stock ECU in the loop, but you run a standalone(I prefer to use an AEM EMS which I then custom modify and wire up, some may disagree but I never really have any issues with these once they are setup properly) on top of it just to control the fuel and ignition. The rest of the stock functions are still controlled by the stock ECU. So essentially this will be a stock ECU with standalone doing strictly fuel/ignition. With this method, it may be possible to pass emissions but will require extensive sensor simulation and experimentation.

Many ways to do the swap on a 02+. I just prefer methods 2 & 3.
Old 12-10-11, 08:00 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

^ Well, looks like I know who I'm going to when I'm ready to pull the trigger on a swap. Just need to find another GS first and some money.