Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Interesting info on different dynos...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-11, 07:15 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Interesting info on different dynos...

Interesting post from the BMW M5 forums regarding different dynos and different results.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...g-dynojet.html

All my tuning and dyno sessions were on a DynoDynamics dyno @ NoLimit Motorsports on Long Island. They were saying that numbers are the lowest (most consistant and most realistic) on these dynos as compared to a Mustang dyno or DynaPack; it is very interesting. Check it out.

Nick
Old 04-15-11, 07:57 PM
TonyHC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading a long *** thread years ago on Honda-Tech about dynos and I remember someone saying the Dyno-Jet is like the Police of dynos. There is not much room for manipulating the numbers and such.

A dyno should be used like a ruler. You measure and then you remeasure again to see any changes. Years ago on my CRX with JDM ITR swap, Ive dynoed at various places in the Twin Cities. Elite Autosports Dyno Jet, RS Motors Mustang Dyno, DB Performance's DynoDynamics. My company works with these various shops so thats why the different places. If I wanted to see any changes on one particular car, I would keep the dyno and tuner consistant.