Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

anyone running on NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-10, 07:03 PM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HKS350
LOL, I've only ran the 1/4 (1) one time (1) one pass on 30 series tires and I pulled the 12.55. @ 110mph 200ft DA@ 700ft from what I remember but n2o changes DA
So it won't be hard to take me down. I thought someone would have by now. I took the kit off the car @ 1yr ago. Soon as I pay it off in Sept.
FI ftw
oh wow...I NEED lighter wheels and stickier tires. I manage a 13.1 @109, 50 wet shot, full interior to the spare @ 500-600ft
Old 03-14-10, 12:09 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Windex,
By the comments stated above it is obivous that you do not know what is actually happening to your motor when spraying a dry shot. You are completely relying on the stock ECU to add the correct amount of fuel.

THE FUEL is what gives you the bump in HP. NOT THE NOS!

I have no problem with you doing what ever you want with your car, I think its pretty nice to see someone else spraying nitrous, but you are completely misleading a ton members into thinking it is safe to run a dry shot and it is not! You have been lucky at best and that is it. I hope that your luck will last.

I have dynoed, datalogged air-to-fuel ratio's, tested different blends of fuel while spraying and I can say what you are doing is not safe. Take offense if you like, but someone needs to tell these members you have following you this is crazy. Luck be on your side friend.

check every post I have ever made I have never recommended or said what I was doing was safe the most I have said was you could probably pull of a 30-50 shot... but I did it and my car didnt blow up thats all I have ever said.. the whole time I had the bottle on my car I had the funds available to buy another motor because I thought I was going to blow up.. but you said "Dry kit does nothing without adding fuel. Look at his track times" and I was saying that you have no room to say anything about my times I was 1/10th of a second behind you and whether or not I did it the right way or the safe way you cant discredit the times that I have run.
Old 03-14-10, 06:12 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by windex
check every post I have ever made I have never recommended or said what I was doing was safe the most I have said was you could probably pull of a 30-50 shot... but I did it and my car didnt blow up thats all I have ever said.. the whole time I had the bottle on my car I had the funds available to buy another motor because I thought I was going to blow up.. but you said "Dry kit does nothing without adding fuel. Look at his track times" and I was saying that you have no room to say anything about my times I was 1/10th of a second behind you and whether or not I did it the right way or the safe way you cant discredit the times that I have run.
Your correct, your the fastest, sorry I posted such ignorance sir! I will retract all statements pertaining to nitrous.
Old 03-15-10, 01:20 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Your correct, your the fastest, sorry I posted such ignorance sir! I will retract all statements pertaining to nitrous.
You're taking what I said in the wrong way. I took what you said as a slap in the face like my car didnt run a fast time. you said my kit didnt do anything because I didnt add fuel and to look at my times. did I add fuel? no. but with the nitrous but I did get afaik the fastest passes in a 2is on the west coast. thats all i was saying.
Old 03-15-10, 08:32 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As you took it the wrong way also.
Nitrous allows you to add more fuel. Without the added fuel your just leaning the car out to the point of damage. Its the same thought behind adding boost. If you add boost you have to add fuel or "pop".
That being said^^ With the added oxygen from the nitrous and the lack of fuel made your setup not optimal. This isn't bashing you at all. Its a fact.
With your 1.7 60' times and if you would have added fuel you should have broken into the 11.99 sec. range with the shot you were running.
So I said "look at his times" meaning that the kit you were running and shot should be putting you into the 12.2 - 11.99 sec range and it isn't. This was because of the lack of fuel!
Granted I'm impressed by Lexus and the PCM/ECU being able to keep up with the added oxygen and adding enough fuel to produce some good times in the 1/8 & 1/4. But it could have been alot faster with a better tuned setup /shot combo.
Old 03-15-10, 10:45 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

As you took it the wrong way also.
Nitrous allows you to add more fuel. Without the added fuel your just leaning the car out to the point of damage. Its the same thought behind adding boost. If you add boost you have to add fuel or "pop".
That being said^^ With the added oxygen from the nitrous and the lack of fuel made your setup not optimal. This isn't bashing you at all. Its a fact.
With your 1.7 60' times and if you would have added fuel you should have broken into the 11.99 sec. range with the shot you were running.
So I said "look at his times" meaning that the kit you were running and shot should be putting you into the 12.2 - 11.99 sec range and it isn't. This was because of the lack of fuel!
Granted I'm impressed by Lexus and the PCM/ECU being able to keep up with the added oxygen and adding enough fuel to produce some good times in the 1/8 & 1/4. But it could have been alot faster with a better tuned setup /shot combo.
Ok Im glad that was cleared up and who knows I might get another IS350 and Ill try out a wet kit and see what i can do but until then Im gonna have a bb gt45 2jz SC in the works