Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New Supercharger for the 2GR-FSE engine from Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-10, 10:54 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Supercharger for the 2GR-FSE engine from Toyota

So now you can buy the 3.5L in japan supercharged right from Toyota
Too bad not in the form of an IS

Toyotas Modelista are now selling the 2010 Mark X +M Super Charger model that puts out around 360hp and 500 Nm of torque

I know this isnt gonna help much since u cant buy the supercharger directly from them ( u have to buy the car) and also the engine bay of the MArk X is probably not as tight as the IS, so even if u could it, it porb wouldnt fit.

Last edited by ndk83; 02-05-10 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-05-10, 11:00 AM
spicaly
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a sexy car
Old 02-05-10, 11:17 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
So now you can buy the 3.5L in japan supercharged right from Toyota
Too bad not in the form of an IS

Toyotas Modelista are now selling the 2010 Mark X +M Super Charger model that puts out around 360hp and
IIRC they offered the mark X supercharged a while ago.

Anyway, that 360 hp is the engine, not the wheels... so gains (54 hp compared to the IS350) are about the same as the TOMs supercharger (wouldn't entirely surprise me if they just copied that).
Old 02-05-10, 11:24 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz
IIRC they offered the mark X supercharged a while ago.
Nah, that was for the 3.0lr 3gr-fse engine. This is new for 2010 w the 2gr-fse IS350 engine

Anyway, that 360 hp is the engine, not the wheels... so gains (54 hp compared to the IS350) are about the same as the TOMs supercharger (wouldn't entirely surprise me if they just copied that).

oh whatever debbie downer, this is a factor option that we should all get. Man with the amount of money people put up for peromance mods im sure half of us would have opted for this. Btw its actually 360ps so its actually 355hp, lol

I too think its a rebranded TOMS supercharger. Cause Modellista dont really do engine tuning, they are more for looks. TRD is the tuning branch of toyota along with G sports (The Supercharger for the 3.0l was a TRD one, so it makes sense that this is the TOM'S one.)

Last edited by ndk83; 02-05-10 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-05-10, 01:12 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ndk83
oh whatever debbie downer, this is a factor option that we should all get. Man with the amount of money people put up for peromance mods im sure half of us would have opted for this. Btw its actually 360ps so its actually 355hp, lol

I too think its a rebranded TOMS supercharger. Cause Modellista dont really do engine tuning, they are more for looks. TRD is the tuning branch of toyota along with G sports (The Supercharger for the 3.0l was a TRD one, so it makes sense that this is the TOM'S one.)

And the TOMs kit doesn't work on non-JDM cars, so they can't offer it as an option here.

The fact that virtually nobody bought the LMS kit, which would offers only slightly smaller gains, suggest it wouldn't be a very popular option here either.
Old 02-05-10, 01:55 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

HAHAH it is a TOMS Supercharger, they just tacked on a modelista badge

Btw if u zoom in on the pic you can see they painted over TOMS logo in black but its still visible. Lame. I was actually wondering how TOMS made a business case for themselves selling those Superchargers

Kurtz:Yea i know the LMS wasnt such a success, but ur forgetting this is outta the factory. Its an extra box u tick when ordering your car.

I know the last model Mark X supercharger didnt sell so well, but still it would be a nice option to have. It would have been interesting to see how many people in the US would have gone for a supercharged IS350. If they were serious about it they would have easily been able to bring the price down to a reasonable level. (economies of scale)

Personally if it were priced right, if i had a choice from Lexus for an IS-F and a Supercharged IS350, i would go for the charged 350.
Old 02-05-10, 01:59 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Interesting it has a updated ECT too. prob available on the next gen IS

The new 3.5-liter V6 engine is paired with a 6 Super ECT with a driving response and acceleration management system to provide the ample and comfortable cruising characteristic of a full-scale rear-wheel drive sedan.
edit: never mind same ECT that we got

Last edited by ndk83; 02-05-10 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-05-10, 04:18 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

The rear looks like a corolla.
Old 02-05-10, 04:34 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be getting ahead of myself, but the advantage of this car is that the compression is lower coming from the factory which would lean towards having very friendly tuning options... Engine swap?
Old 02-05-10, 04:50 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

no the rear reminds me of a 335i ISH ..:\
Old 02-05-10, 06:07 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AZ JB
I may be getting ahead of myself, but the advantage of this car is that the compression is lower coming from the factory which would lean towards having very friendly tuning options... Engine swap?
http://www.pakautocar.com/toyota_mar...ification.html

Compression Ratio 12.0

That's the 250 engine of course, but it's identical to the US 250 engine... on what do you base that the 350 one would offer lower compression?
Old 02-06-10, 06:58 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

IF someone would just crack the ECU, we wouldn't give a Crack about this

Crack the ECU, and we have plenty of options
Old 02-06-10, 07:30 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e

The budget for that project has 7 numbers before the decimal. It's not going to happen soon.
Old 02-06-10, 08:26 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by t0e

This notion that the ECU has much to do with the problem continues to make less sense every time someone posts it.

12:1 compression is a much larger problem than the ECU.

As evidence, TOMs supercharger does reprogram the (JDM) ECU and it manages a whopping 0.8 lbs of boost higher than the LMS supercharger did on a bone stock ECU. And most that extra 0.8 lbs is due to advancing the timing to take advantage of 100 octane fuel.

The ECU isn't the main problem- the compression ratio is.
Old 02-06-10, 08:49 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

This notion that the ECU has much to do with the problem continues to make less sense every time someone posts it.

12:1 compression is a much larger problem than the ECU.

As evidence, TOMs supercharger does reprogram the (JDM) ECU and it manages a whopping 0.8 lbs of boost higher than the LMS supercharger did on a bone stock ECU. And most that extra 0.8 lbs is due to advancing the timing to take advantage of 100 octane fuel.

The ECU isn't the main problem- the compression ratio is.
Speak for urselves. Us Mid East guys got a 10.5:1 compression ratio, and while that is still relatively very high, the potential to run a slightly higher boost is there.

Will it be worth the cost? Hells no. But that wont stop people from tryin

Now if someone would only crack that damn ECU.

Last edited by ndk83; 02-06-10 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: New Supercharger for the 2GR-FSE engine from Toyota