Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What is the most quiet exhaust in your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-09, 01:18 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

get an intake.... loud when you gun it, and otherwise quiet.
Old 01-24-09, 12:34 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

damn tanabe is super loud with windows down. when cruising around 40mph you can hear this low tone.
Old 01-26-09, 07:30 AM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you want your car to sound like g 35 get hks exhaust and then remove the resonator. It will sound similar to g 35
Old 01-26-09, 09:04 AM
x2mkx
Driver

Originally Posted by UCLAJimmy
if you want your car to sound like g 35 get hks exhaust and then remove the resonator. It will sound similar to g 35
jimmy...i want to hear your car man...i have the HKS but i havent removed my resonator. im considering it tho ...u go to UCLA right? im at USC...we should meet up
Old 01-26-09, 11:33 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I've heard all the exhausts. My favorite SOUND is probably the Tanabe - but it isn't the quietest, not by a long shot. The Blitz (which almost no one has) is the quietest exhaust - it's pretty much only noticeable at idle.

Javier
Old 01-26-09, 11:52 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by UCLAJimmy
uh... no. HKS hi-power + no resonators = does not sound like g35.

as a matter of fact, HKS hi-power + no resonators = fix-it tix from your local law enforcement agency. see below link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...it-ticket.html

the HKS hi-power is imo the LOUDEST axleback application for the 2is. removing the resonators will only make it louder, not make it sound more like the g35.

and the most popular axle-back app for the 2is that is also quiet is the tanabe.
Old 01-26-09, 12:58 PM
moo_juice
Lead Lap

Mmm, so far the best sounding exhaust i have heard is the JoeZ exhaust. It is not the quietest exhaust, but its got a real nice growl, doenst even sound like a lexus. But the price on those is quite high as well.

well, let me go find a sound clip of the blitz exhaust to see what that one sounds like.

What Im mainly looking for is something that doenst have that mind numbing drone while driving or going up hills.

im leaning toward the tanabe for now, i just want to see what it sounds like in person at crusing speed. Or does anyone have sound clips of the tanabe while just driving around and not reving it?

Last edited by moo_juice; 01-26-09 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-26-09, 02:03 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna

as a matter of fact, HKS hi-power + no resonators = fix-it tix from your local law enforcement agency. see below link:

the HKS hi-power is imo the LOUDEST axleback application for the 2is. removing the resonators will only make it louder, not make it sound more like the g35.

and the most popular axle-back app for the 2is that is also quiet is the tanabe.

^
HKS hi-power is already louder than G35, so how does removing the resonators make it sound like G35?

OP, get the Blitz or Tanabe but just to make sure..come out to any meets and listen to them in person
Old 01-26-09, 02:58 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by projectdna

i have tanabe and resonator removed. i got pulled over for that too. but i was at WOT so i guess thats what caught the cops ears. HAHAH
the tanabe has a nice sound and not too loud. its loud when you want to be loud and quiet when when you want it quiet, imo.
Old 01-26-09, 04:08 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KrapWerdna
i have tanabe and resonator removed. i got pulled over for that too. but i was at WOT so i guess thats what caught the cops ears. HAHAH
the tanabe has a nice sound and not too loud. its loud when you want to be loud and quiet when when you want it quiet, imo.
When was this andrew? how come you never told me this?
I guess i won't be getting my resonators taken it off.

And to Uclajimmy, i got friends that go to LA. So im always there, i would like to hear your car before you fix your fix it.
Old 01-26-09, 04:08 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

you have your resonator removed???
I'd had checked it out..lol
Old 01-27-09, 02:40 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
When was this andrew? how come you never told me this?
I guess i won't be getting my resonators taken it off.

And to Uclajimmy, i got friends that go to LA. So im always there, i would like to hear your car before you fix your fix it.
hey leon
i removed it like the first few months i got my car. got pulled over about 6 months maybe less, after i put on my exaust and intake. i didnt start modding until about a year after i got my car. you can take it off if you want, but just be careful NOT TO FLOOR IT on bends, where cops can be hiding. or in my case, just coming out of a residential area, just chilling. HAHAH

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
you have your resonator removed???
I'd had checked it out..lol
kenny, yes i did. you're back in berkley now huh?? dang, wish i told you sooner. HAHAH you can definitely hear a difference at higher revs. maybe when you visit, give me a call. or maybe at spring break i'll show you. x]
Old 01-27-09, 03:13 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

for sure Andrew..I'd see you during the spring break..
I might have some more stuff for you to check out by then..lol
Old 01-27-09, 03:22 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

cool, cant wait to see your car
i'll be getting some new toys too. x]

for OP, SeOuLiS250 has wald exhaust. looks freaking sick, sound awesome too. i'd say its faily loud. imho, my exhaust sounds louder kuz of i removed the resonator. but his exhaust is really really aggressive. i know youre looking for a quiet exhaust, but if you ever wanna go for style points and sound points, go for the wald.
Old 01-27-09, 05:19 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

I'd say the Apex'i World Sport 2, but it's not out yet.....

Quick Reply: What is the most quiet exhaust in your opinion?