Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HPS Intake General Review?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-08, 05:30 PM
cbunz55
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPS Intake General Review?

I am considering purchasing the HPS Intake because it can be had for $160 shipped on eBay, but does anybody have any true thoughts on it? I have done quite a few searches on here and didn't find alot. Any other brands that you would recommend? I love the WOT sound of it, but are there better brands and designs out there? Like ones that offer a heat shield? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on ordering ASAP. And will this void my factory warranty? Thanks again.
Old 04-08-08, 05:59 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

please be our guinea pig..
Old 04-08-08, 09:10 PM
cbunz55
Rookie

LOL! I am gonna get it I'm pretty sure. I was just wanting some reviews on other intakes.
Old 04-08-08, 10:20 PM
AirZoomGP
Driver School Candidate

lol.. you pay for what you get.. i already posted that it's a replica of the Fujita intake, but the pipe isn't as nice as the name brand ones.. the filter doesn't look at great either and it just looks like a HPS sticker on that pipe that was probably sent back to China..

i don't see why some people fall for this company.. ebay product and most of the intakes they copy don't even fit either..
Old 04-09-08, 10:06 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Given that all these intakes add to the car is noise I'm not sure what he's falling for compared to someone who paid $100 more for a "name brand" noise increaser?
Old 04-09-08, 04:59 PM
cbunz55
Rookie

Well, on eBay the Fujita intake is only $20 more, so I am not concerned with price. I think the emblem on the HPS intake is a raised and painted emblem, not a sticker. I like the way it looks better as well, the welds seems cleaner on the sensor locations. None of them come with a heat shield, which the intake on my Z had. And I have bought friends the cheap eBay intakes for trucks, and they came with heat shields and good welds as well. Is there a bad eBay sentiment on this forum? I think eBay is great. Where else can you get a $1200 Tag Heuer watch for $845 shipped brand new? If you can tell me I'll buy it now, as well as most phones and other items. I bought Ezra Fitch cologne, which is $110 at the store, for $53 shipped new. I am trying to clear the air of this bad stigma that it seems most people have with eBay. Hell, most of my Polo shirts come from eBay for $20, compared to $80 at Belk.
Old 04-09-08, 05:42 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by cbunz55
Where else can you get a $1200 Tag Heuer watch for $845 shipped brand new? If you can tell me I'll buy it now...
Hope you need a new watch, because both Sam's Club and BJ's sell Tags at extremely nice prices.
Old 04-09-08, 07:50 PM
cbunz55
Rookie

I love Tag Heuer, I think they are classy watches. No idea Sam's Club sold them. That kinda takes away from the classiness to me.

Last edited by cbunz55; 04-09-08 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-09-08, 08:17 PM
AirZoomGP
Driver School Candidate

I'm sorry to say, but i knew someone that got a different HPS intake and they realized the pipe wasn't polished well and the HPS logo is just a sticker on a pipe.. it's not a painted emblem..
Old 04-09-08, 08:55 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

this is the first time im ever hearing of an HPS intake.. wtf..
Old 04-09-08, 09:19 PM
cbunz55
Rookie

Really? Thanks for the heads up on that. That was what I was looking for was somebody who had seen the intake in person. I am not worried about the polishing, I can polish the tube with ever finer polishes, but the emblem being a sticker is a HUGE problem. Does the Fujita intake have an emblem or a sticker? Because with heat, a sticker is going to peel, no doubt. And will an intake void the warranty? That is my biggest concern.
Old 04-09-08, 09:40 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbunz55
Really? Thanks for the heads up on that. That was what I was looking for was somebody who had seen the intake in person. I am not worried about the polishing, I can polish the tube with ever finer polishes, but the emblem being a sticker is a HUGE problem. Does the Fujita intake have an emblem or a sticker? Because with heat, a sticker is going to peel, no doubt. And will an intake void the warranty? That is my biggest concern.
The fuijita one is a sper sticky steel emblem..I don't think it's going anywhere though because it is crusted on there pretty good. The intake will void the warranty if something goes wrong that has to do w/ that modification. I.E the MAF sensor or your throttle valve actuator or something to do w/ the induction of the motor. Get the fujita and peel the sticker off, who's lookin' anyway?
Old 04-09-08, 10:44 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

just get the HPS....and tell us how it sounds...
Old 04-10-08, 01:20 AM
AirZoomGP
Driver School Candidate

there are clips of it on youtube already.. i've seen the one for the GTi and apparently they don't sell it anymore for the GTi and i wonder why.. people on eBay were giving negative feedback because of extreme power loss...
Old 04-11-08, 10:05 AM
cbunz55
Rookie

Probably gonna go with the Fujita I'm sorry to say. Sounds like better quality. And I'll just keep the factory intake and shove it on if I notice anything wrong. I'm going to service the car myself, so no worries about them having to look at the car unless it is broke.

Quick Reply: HPS Intake General Review?