Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Made dyno appt...Can't wait!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-08, 11:16 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Made dyno appt...Can't wait!

I made my dyno appointment for this Saturday @ 11am (No Limit Motorsports on Long Island). They are going to hook up and tune my Apexi Neo and do before and after dyno runs. They quoted me $250...probably a bit too much but I have had this damn thing sitting in my ashtray now for the last 3 months. I'll let you guys know how it turns out and will post up dyno sheets!
Old 01-28-08, 11:26 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

nice! I'm guessing you're around 260ish whp. But you never know!
Old 01-28-08, 11:36 AM
DarrellGS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious as well...I just got my SAFC II. I only have a cold air intake and stock exhaust but I'm hoping to pull some good numbers too.

But good luck to you this weekend.
Old 01-28-08, 01:00 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, you should see some nice gains. I'm guessin you'll be around 265-270. Good luck!
Old 01-28-08, 01:49 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm hoping for close (very) to 270whp because with the future header install and re-tune I would like to see 290whp (+ if I'm lucky.lol) We'll see...................................is it Saturday yet??? lol.
Old 01-28-08, 03:45 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I made my dyno appointment for this Saturday @ 11am (No Limit Motorsports on Long Island). They are going to hook up and tune my Apexi Neo and do before and after dyno runs. They quoted me $250...probably a bit too much but I have had this damn thing sitting in my ashtray now for the last 3 months. I'll let you guys know how it turns out and will post up dyno sheets!
Including dyno, that's not that bad. And 3 months is nothing, my neo has been sitting around since May I know, I got to get on it. I always begin new projects without finishing others It will eventually be installed

Last edited by GS FONZy; 01-28-08 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-28-08, 06:07 PM
TheMadGS3
Driver

Its always exciting to get baseline numbers, or numbers after doing mods...good luck!
Old 01-28-08, 09:21 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Including dyno, that's not that bad. And 3 months is nothing, my neo has been sitting around since May I know, I got to get on it. I always begin new projects without finishing others It will eventually be installed
I feel ya man, I'm the exact same way.
Old 01-28-08, 09:32 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure you reset your ecu before your baseline once you arrive at the dyno so you can get the best results
Old 01-29-08, 05:41 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by macd7919
Make sure you reset your ecu before your baseline once you arrive at the dyno so you can get the best results
I was thinking of doing this but may be hesitant. I notice that everytime I reset the ECU the car doesn't run right for the first 30 minutes or so...feels as if it bogs down and then kicks in real hard; I guess it's in the process or "re-learning." Not sure if it's good to go all out on a dyno right after I reset this ECU. Maybe I'll do it the night before.
Old 01-29-08, 06:29 AM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

I think you'll see 270-275 rwhp!! gl
Old 01-30-08, 05:32 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

I'm hoping to get up to those numbers but if not I will still be happy with results because I am still bound to gain around 15whp (~20@the crank) on the Neo tune by itself; hopefully I can feel the difference! Not looking to make my ride into a sports car just give it a little more guts! lol.

***A question for you guys. Last Sunday I cleaned my TB, K&N filter, intake pipe and re-routed my intake back down into the wheel well (my previous setup). I did all this while the negative battery was disconnected...say maybe 1 hour..?? I did this as preperation for my upcoming dyno tune.

Anyway, just last night (Tuesday) driving home from work the check engine light popped on my dash. I KNOW (I am 99.99% sure) that it's throwing a lean engine code; it ALWAYS did this with the intake "re-routed" like I have it now. Is this because the ECU cannot regulate the larger amount of air coming into the intake? I simply added a 3.5" 90 degree bend from the regular intake location and dropped it down into the wheel well behind the passenger fog light so it's pretty much close to the opening to the inside of the foglight (I took out that plastic piece for a more ram air effect). So if this theory is correct will tuning the Apexi Neo on Saturday get rid of this lean engine code (i.e. will they be able to guestimate the increased air coming in from this intake setup)?

Also, after the Neo gets tuned, what happens if I am...say...looking to service (clean) my MAF sensor and need to disconnect the negative battery terminal again? Will I lose the tune on the Neo?

Thanks again guys...your a huge help!
Old 01-30-08, 07:46 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lexus is very sensitive to any changes made to the intake, you may/should be able to get rid of that code with tuning. The reason the SRT intake makes so much power and doesn't throw a code is because it address the issue your having with fuel correction like you are doing with the afc.
You will want to reset the computer and get rid of the CEL before you start tuning though. You won't lose your settings when you disconnect the battery once the Afc is tuned.
Old 01-30-08, 09:56 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by macd7919
Lexus is very sensitive to any changes made to the intake, you may/should be able to get rid of that code with tuning. The reason the SRT intake makes so much power and doesn't throw a code is because it address the issue your having with fuel correction like you are doing with the afc.
You will want to reset the computer and get rid of the CEL before you start tuning though. You won't lose your settings when you disconnect the battery once the Afc is tuned.
Thanks mac...
Old 01-30-08, 01:20 PM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

is it saturday yet?????????????????????????????

Quick Reply: Made dyno appt...Can't wait!