Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

safc neo installing issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 09:44 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default safc neo installing issues

I have searched and come up with a lot of diffrent diagrams for the ECU wiring on a GS400. I am not sure on how I should wire it. According to apex site T10-e is the diagram they give for the 1uzfe, which is diffrent from the previous T10-e (pic at bottom) I have found here on some threads I have crossed refrence with other ECU diagrams, but not all matches Does anyone have an idea of which drawing I should fallow to wire my Neo.
Attached Thumbnails safc neo installing issues-sfacii-gs400-ecu.jpg  
Old 01-13-08, 02:46 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the correct one. It matches the the one that GURU posted from an earlier diagram. You have the same diagram that was in my S-fac II instructions.
Attached Thumbnails safc neo installing issues-gs400-guru-diagramsafciism.jpg  
Old 01-13-08, 11:36 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
This is the correct one. It matches the the one that GURU posted from an earlier diagram. You have the same diagram that was in my S-fac II instructions.
I am still wondering why the Neo has a different diagram from the safc2 However, I figured out the ecu pin location, but thanks for your reply. It's reusuring
Old 01-13-08, 11:41 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

The diagram you posted is that from your NEO instructions or from Apexi's web site?
Old 01-14-08, 05:28 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Aren't both of those diagrams the same? Both diagrams point to the same items in the same location...I'm confused...
Old 01-14-08, 04:38 PM
ZIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Aren't both of those diagrams the same? Both diagrams point to the same items in the same location...I'm confused...
I concur with you. Which means you are not the one who is confused
Old 01-14-08, 06:14 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Yes they are the same. I only posted GURU's diagram so that you would know which one of the many diagrams in the instruction book is the correct one.
I did not know which diagrams came w/ the NEO instructions. The one you posted is the one that came w/ my S-AFC II.
Old 01-14-08, 10:00 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/13.pdf
The pic I posted is from safc2. The neo has a diffrent diagram than both those pics. RPM and TS are in diffrent locations.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 01-14-08 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-15-08, 02:32 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/13.pdf
The pic I posted is from safc2. The neo has a diffrent diagram than both those pics. RPM and TS are in diffrent locations.
Your right nothing on Neo's list of diagrams match.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 01-16-08 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-15-08, 05:24 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Hey guys, I understand now. I had a company custom fabricate a PNP wire harness for me for my Neo. I only sent them the pin-out sheets on a 2000 GS400 and told them (sent e-mail) that I want to hook up a AFC Neo to it. They sent the harness to me about 2 weeks later and everything plugged in correctly (both ECU side and Neo side). Question...Does the Neo and the SAFC II have the same connector? If so, I guess there is NO WAY of me telling (and making sure) that they built this harness for a Neo and not the SAFC II until I'm ready to hook it up...I'm screwed!
Old 01-15-08, 08:33 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Hey guys, I understand now. I had a company custom fabricate a PNP wire harness for me for my Neo. I only sent them the pin-out sheets on a 2000 GS400 and told them (sent e-mail) that I want to hook up a AFC Neo to it. They sent the harness to me about 2 weeks later and everything plugged in correctly (both ECU side and Neo side). Question...Does the Neo and the SAFC II have the same connector? If so, I guess there is NO WAY of me telling (and making sure) that they built this harness for a Neo and not the SAFC II until I'm ready to hook it up...I'm screwed!
The harness is correct, what is mostlkely to be off is the connections fron the neo to the ecu. I guess we won't know untill you hook it up to your car.
Old 01-15-08, 09:55 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
The harness is correct, what is mostlkely to be off is the connections fron the neo to the ecu. I guess we won't know untill you hook it up to your car.
The physical connectors (in the PNP harness) plug perfectly into the ECU area under the hood. I checked that already.

i.e. The Neo plugs perfectly into the end of the harness the other end of the harness plugs perfectly into the ECU (under the hood). I just would like to know if they pinned the harness properly before I hook this thing up and turn the key. because I am just finding out now that the pin locations are different between the SAFC II and Neo. Eventhough I sent an e-mail stating that I had the Neo I wanted to know if there was anyway of double checking their work (harness).
Old 01-15-08, 11:10 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Just check the pin location. The harness is just an extension of the ecu plugs, everything should be correct as far as the harness the only thing is the TPS and the RPM can be located in the wrong pin. However, I am not sure why they have different diagrams for the same ecu. Maybe you can call Apexi and find out. Both diagrams could be correct for the diffrent applications between the safc and neo.
Old 01-17-08, 05:00 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Just follow each wire from the Neo and see what pin locaation it goes to on the ECU.
Example- follow the Red 12vt. wire from the NEO and see that it goes to connector E6 pin #16 and on the ECU. do the same for Grd,MAS,TPS,RPM and Knock wire.
Old 01-17-08, 07:49 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Neo does not have knock sensor input, but all the other connections should be fine. The only difference is the RPM and TPS locations.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 01-17-08 at 07:56 PM.

Quick Reply: safc neo installing issues