Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2001 IS300 wont go when paddel gas..

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-07, 09:20 AM
rxsonny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 IS300 wont go when paddel gas..

Hey guy help me if u can, well i have 2001 IS300 car wont go when gas r paddle. Engine start fined but car move slowly on D drive. It drive normal yesturday but this morning it doesnt want to go.. seem like the rpm stay only at 2 or 3 thats all....help if u can what could cause this problem please email me at rxsonny@yahoo.com if u can or this thread is fine.

thanks
Old 12-30-07, 05:02 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the trannsmission fluid. Make sure that there is some in the transmission. You must do this by turning the car on and then checking the level while the car is running. If there is none in there fill it. You may also wanna make sure that the gear selector is fully engaged in the drive position.
Old 12-31-07, 09:49 AM
rxsonny
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the reply

I have checked the transmission fluid and all is fine. My car was running ok until i took the battery out for the whole day and then put it back on and it gave me that problem. So, i went back last night and unplug the batter post and waited for 6 hr and put them back on still same problem. When u step on the gas paddle it dont want to go maybe less then 5 mph , eventhough u press the gas paddle all the way the rpm only goes at 2000 rpm....anyone can help please do....thanks....
Old 12-31-07, 11:06 PM
cardwielde
Driver

well first off i hope u got some rainy day money saved because u might need it. but anyways pop ur hood and find ur throttle body and there should be two pulley looking things on it. turn ur car on and put it in PARK. once u've done that have pull on one of the pullies that opens air flow to your throttle body, when u have pulled it correctly ur engine should rev up. after that have someone else get in and press the gas pedal while the car is still in PARK and u watch that pulley on the throttle body that made ur engine rev. if it doesnt move u might have loose bolt or something that connects to linkage that goes to ur throttle body. my advice would be to take it to a nearby lexus dealership and fork out some dough and get it fixed. u could go to some other place like pepboys and pay less but they may not fix the problem but if u go to the dealer and they fix it and it happens again for some reason u can take it back and they will have to fix it for free because of the warranty on their work. you'll pay more but it will get fixed correctly. hope this helps.
Old 01-06-08, 11:59 AM
rxsonny
Driver School Candidate

Default I fixed it ....below is the problem...

Hey guys, thanks so much for trying to help me ...well this is what i did to make the car run better and had no problem whatsoever. First i checked my spark plug and wire its fine. Next, I checked to see if i have check Engine light came on. It only came on when i try to paddle the gas and let it goes slowly up to 5k rpm. When i step on the gas it didnt want to go up more than 2k rpm. So i slowly or lightly step on the gas then it went up slowly to 5k rpm that is when the engine light game on. So right there i know its some kind of sensor problem. My first troubleshoot was to goes and check the throttle body to see if the air going through. I noticed that i have to check the air flow meter or u can call it master air flow meter. I unplug the air flow meter and went back step on the gas ...wow ...it suddenly respone quickly and when up to 3,4,5,6k rpm. So, that is my problem. I took it out of it intake housing and start to clean the air temperture then i noticed it has 2 wire and it was very dirty...So i used qtip with alcohol and clean them. After cleaning it ran fined. and no more check engine light......just a tip on how i got it fixed so this might help someone out .....thanks
Old 10-30-15, 07:53 PM
Shotcalla
Driver School Candidate

Default 01 is300 pedal misfiring/ engine shutoff

Hello fellow is300 owners, a problem has ca used my beautiful lexus to be out of commission. What is happening is that the car shuts of right after it turns off, it just decided to do that on a random summer morning. As of now I switched up the spark plugs from the iridium to platinum ones. Pretty sure the the setup was good but still no change in condition, though I did notice that once it starts if I try to give it some gas the engine doesn't rev up as the pedal is pushed.

What are the possible causes, and should I take it to a mechanic.

Holler 😎