Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-Gte Aristo motor.. same as supra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-07, 03:11 PM
Geoff240ti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jz-Gte Aristo motor.. same as supra?

A friend of mine has a Toyota Aristo motor 2jz-gtte. Is this the exact same configuration as the supra 2jz-gte?

I'm posting in the GS forums since I figured you guys would know best being the closest thing to an aristo. This swap will be for the SC300..

Any info would be appreciated, I tried seaching without much luck on the differences? Hopefully that means they're the same.
Old 04-19-07, 04:58 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It depends what year Aristo it's out of but the answer is no, they are not the exact same. No Aristo motor is the same as the Supra's.

If you search the topic has been covered numerous times in detail.
Old 04-19-07, 05:03 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are not exactly the same, although very similar.

the USDM Supra 2JZ-GTE uses bigger stock turbos I believe. And like what MacD said, it also depends on the year. 92-97 Aristo 2JZ-GTE are non-VVTi, like USDM Supras. 98+ are VVTi.
Old 04-20-07, 06:31 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend's 98 Supra TT is NOT VVTI only the 98 GEs are VVTI.

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK

the USDM Supra 2JZ-GTE uses bigger stock turbos I believe. And like what MacD said, it also depends on the year. 92-97 Aristo 2JZ-GTE are non-VVTi, like USDM Supras. 98+ are VVTi.
Old 04-20-07, 10:46 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff240ti
A friend of mine has a Toyota Aristo motor 2jz-gtte. Is this the exact same configuration as the supra 2jz-gte?

I'm posting in the GS forums since I figured you guys would know best being the closest thing to an aristo. This swap will be for the SC300..

Any info would be appreciated, I tried seaching without much luck on the differences? Hopefully that means they're the same.
First the motors are both 2jzgte. Its a misnomer that its called a gtte because its twin turbo. CL does have alot of info on this topic but you'll find more people and more swap info at clubna-t or supraforums. No offence CL
The JDM motor would be a great start for a sc platform

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK

The differences in motors are the usdm supra motor uses a maf, larger 550 low impedance injectors, different cams and larger steel impellers on the turbos.
People often say that the JDM aristo motors done have the oil squirters. The three I have seen all have them including the one im building. Same pistons, same rods, heads, sensors. The aristo oil pan is different as is the water pump since the cooling fan is hydro on the aristo. The usdm pump swaps over though.

Originally Posted by benzo555
My friend's 98 Supra TT is NOT VVTI only the 98 GEs are VVTI.
There are a few 98 supra tts that have vvti. Ive seen some SF members with them. But all the aristo vertex's 98 and later have the vvti gte