Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS Intake stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 02:13 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts
Default LMS Intake stolen!

Well I ordered a nice new 1st of a kind IS350 intake from LMS and was supposed to arrive today. I checked FEDEX and it says " Left at front door. Signature Service not requested." Well I get home today and find that the box I had been waiting for is not here!! I called FEDEX and they are looking into it. I also called Steve at LMS and told him about the situation. Who knows what will turn up.

So basically if anyone on this board comes across and IS350 intake for sale and it isn't coming directly from LMS, let me know. It might be mine!
Old 01-25-06, 02:18 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Well I ordered a nice new 1st of a kind IS350 intake from LMS and was supposed to arrive today. I checked FEDEX and it says " Left at front door. Signature Service not requested." Well I get home today and find that the box I had been waiting for is not here!! I called FEDEX and they are looking into it. I also called Steve at LMS and told him about the situation. Who knows what will turn up.

So basically if anyone on this board comes across and IS350 intake for sale and it isn't coming directly from LMS, let me know. It might be mine!
this totally sucks. Was there a place for the Fedex person to hide the package, or at least out of view? At least my mailman places packages out of sight. Sorry about this. Install your fog lights for now, be happy with your mod, then worry about this tomorrow.
Old 01-25-06, 02:26 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that sucks. do you have a pic of how the LMS intake look like??
Old 01-25-06, 02:29 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about this.. I hope everything works out for you. In the meantime, as onihc said, preoccupy your mind with the fog light install
Old 01-25-06, 02:43 PM
lexus27
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get alot of stuff from ebay and once in a blue moon I would check the tracking on an item and it would say left at side door or so. I check, its not there. Turns out the driver did not actually leave it there. They do make mistakes too. Hopefully, yours will turn out.
Old 01-25-06, 03:03 PM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks, hopefully it's just still on the truck and the driver made a mistake. You don't really expect this from FedEx, UPS on the other is another story.

If you want it there 3 days late and broken, brown can do it for you.
Old 01-25-06, 03:10 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

best is to ship to your work so someone at the front dest will pick it up or page you when it's here
Old 01-25-06, 03:13 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That sux man - hope it turns up

Jonny
Old 01-25-06, 03:20 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Ok, so I decide do install my fog lights to keep my mind off things and sure enough I'm not impressed with the yellow fog light mod. I didn't touch the passenger side fog light, but did replace the drivers side fog light with the Nokya yellow bulbs. I back the car out of the garage to take a look and my personal opinion is that I just like the way the factory lights look. So I'm going to sell my bulbs cheap and even throw in some Red vinyl that can be used to cover the orange on the rear tail lights. I also decided I didn't want to do that mod as I'm in favor of an Orange turn signal.

10 bucks for both items plus 5 dollars shipping. First come first serve. Email me and we can work out the details.
Attached Thumbnails LMS Intake stolen!-cimg0554.jpg  
Old 01-25-06, 03:37 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

is this the same red vinly the other guy used on the forum??

the same one from this ebay??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT

what is the vinyl size???
Old 01-25-06, 03:42 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

you got pm..

is the vinyl used or new???
Old 01-25-06, 03:45 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

hopefully your intake will show up in a day or 2..they probably delivered it to the wrong house..this has happened to me with UPS and usually my neighbor would bring it over the next day
Old 01-25-06, 03:56 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

onihc has PM'd me, but if for some reason he backs out then shaolin will get next dibbs.

Man you guys are quick and yes the red vinyl is exactly like the one the other guy on the forums used to cover his orange rear turn signal.
Old 01-25-06, 03:59 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
onihc has PM'd me, but if for some reason he backs out then shaolin will get next dibbs.

Man you guys are quick and yes the red vinyl is exactly like the one the other guy on the forums used to cover his orange rear turn signal.
cool. is your vinyl used or still new?? what is the size of it??
did you order your through ebay or you can get it at regular store??
Old 01-25-06, 04:22 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I deliver everything i order to my office....that way, if Im not at my desk, someone else in my office will sign for it.

With that said, in my experience, FEDEX or UPS tend to falsify delivery attempts if they can't deliver a package within normal business hours. This happened to me at least 3 times....so they re-delivered the following day.

When I approached the delivery driver about it, they BS'd me about the door to my office was locked during business hours. Well, its never locked during business hours (7 am - 5 pm).

I guess what im saying is that there is a possibility that its stll to be delivered...and NOT stolen.

GL!!

Pete

Quick Reply: LMS Intake stolen!