Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP: srt ecu AND safcII simultaneously?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-04, 11:58 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: srt ecu AND safcII simultaneously?

I've been reading up on the SAFCII lately and decided to purchase one yesterday as another step to intalling my Nitrous kit.

I have the SRT intake w/ ECU and I'm wonderig if I should take out the piggyback ECU altogether, or if I should run the SAFCII behind the SRT ECU? In theory the SAFCII would run off of the settings the SRT ECU has set. Is it dangerous to use both simultaneously, or does the SRT ECU become useless at this point? I mean the SRT ECU is only an AF adjusting device, which is what the SAFCII is doing, right?
Old 02-22-04, 05:32 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is no need to have both wired up...in theory they do the same things....give or take some options. I wouldnt be suprised if the SRT ecu will do what you need it to do for the nitrous, but they would have to be the ones programming it. If you need the SAFCII to accomplish what your looking for, take out the SRT piece......of course thats my opinion on it.
Old 02-23-04, 08:33 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

That's along the lines of my thoughts...besides I don't think they would work well together off of the Maf wires since one would have to be connected to the input, one to the output. I hear great things about the SRT ECU, but there's simply no adjustability. I am assuming that once tuned, I will have two settings, nitrous/no nitrous. What do you mean by
Originally posted by TTurboPimp
but they would have to be the ones programming it.
Can SRT custom tune my ECU?

Last edited by SilverLexo; 02-26-04 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-24-04, 09:03 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

I would not use the SAFCII with the SRT ECU, since the SRT ECU will try to correct for the SAFCII, and as someone said they both do basically the same thing. I know that SRT can re-flash their ECU, but you may want to think about using only the SAFC, and get it tuned for your application (nitrous, and bigger intake). The SRT ECU is mapped only for use with their intake. You will basically leaning out that fuel/air ration when you hit the nitrous, so having the ability to customize your fuel mapping would be your best option. Right now I am using a custom SRT ECU, but I am turbo'ed, and want to have different fuel mapping option for the cold and hot weather, so I probably will go with the e-manage unit. You might want to call SRT about what you are trying to do, and get a suggestion. Either way, make sure you get a tuner that will tune your car correctly, and not have you leaning out!