Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Headers for V8 cars, Please read

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 10:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrady
Cin, I suggest you wait at least 10 years after these parts are produced. That way you can gather enough data about all possible situations to appease your concerns. If after 10 years you have not been convinced, I suggest not purchasing these headers.
Why the sarcasm?
Old 08-17-05, 05:41 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Why the sarcasm?

Those of us not sold on the headers yet tend to get sarcasm not answers. Funny thing is that I was actually worried about missing out on these until more feedback and data was out but now it looks like it won't be an issue since S&S looks to have ordering available online without any mention of having to wait for a "run".

I guess if the website is wrong or bogus on these I will be stuck having to just get a TORNADO.

Funny thing is on this website I actually found some insight...

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/produ...afpr052002.htm

How about the increase in power? All three drivers said they felt an increase in power after installing the Tornados. I put them back on the Dynamometer to see how much the power increased. We got the same horsepower readings on all three cars, no increase in horsepower. I asked the drivers why they said their cars had more power and they all said, "Well, it felt like it had more power."

After these two tests were done, I did another emissions test. As with the other two tests, there was no reduction in the exhaust emissions of any of the test vehicles.

The feel of increased power is what the consumer expects to feel. So it is a matter of perception.

Something was done to the engine and the driver perceives it as an improvement he can feel. Much like the perceived feeling after an oil and filter change was done. It feels better because we expect it to be better.
So I wonder, did they actually get an increase in horsepower and the Dyno tests were just flawed or inconclusive? Who or what was right... the owners or the dyno...

Old 08-17-05, 12:43 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Why the sarcasm?
Is this a sarcastic comment?
Old 08-17-05, 12:57 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CinFulxGS4

Those of us not sold on the headers yet tend to get sarcasm not answers. Funny thing is that I was actually worried about missing out on these until more feedback and data was out but now it looks like it won't be an issue since S&S looks to have ordering available online without any mention of having to wait for a "run".

I guess if the website is wrong or bogus on these I will be stuck having to just get a TORNADO.

Funny thing is on this website I actually found some insight...

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/produ...afpr052002.htm

So I wonder, did they actually get an increase in horsepower and the Dyno tests were just flawed or inconclusive? Who or what was right... the owners or the dyno...

Cin, most people that dyno cars are aware that the tornado does not perform as advertised. Posting this here does nothing to help the header discussion. Comparing the headers to the tornado is insulting.

I have answered more of your questions than is justified. Saying that I only answer with sarcasm is insulting.

I am NOT selling headers. I am concerned about the accuracy of the comments made about something that others have attached my name to.

Buy them or do not buy them. I don't care. If you have something of value to post, please do. Otherwise please do not.

Re-read your question. It was at best poorly worded.
Here is your "question"...
So does this mean all that stuff about buying these before no more runs are produced is out the window?
What "stuff" and who is "buying" and "no more runs are produced"

Honestly, you don't take the time to formulate a coherent question and are then unhappy when someone does not take the time to formulate a coherent answer...

There are a number of descriptions for this type of behavior and none of them are flattering.
Old 08-17-05, 02:48 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jbrady
Cin, most people that dyno cars are aware that the tornado does not perform as advertised. Posting this here does nothing to help the header discussion. Comparing the headers to the tornado is insulting.

I have answered more of your questions than is justified. Saying that I only answer with sarcasm is insulting.

I am NOT selling headers. I am concerned about the accuracy of the comments made about something that others have attached my name to.

Buy them or do not buy them. I don't care. If you have something of value to post, please do. Otherwise please do not.

Re-read your question. It was at best poorly worded.
Here is your "question"...

What "stuff" and who is "buying" and "no more runs are produced"

Honestly, you don't take the time to formulate a coherent question and are then unhappy when someone does not take the time to formulate a coherent answer...

There are a number of descriptions for this type of behavior and none of them are flattering.
Let me be more clear then.

It was said in this thread that only 1 run would be produced. Then it was said maybe 2 runs. Now before the first run has even ended they are being sold online. So, the question was whether the site is for real and can the headers be purchased through the site irregardless of the previous conversations of prepaid runs.

The comparison to the Tornado was a joke but the quote was not. Just because someone feels that the headers made them faster does not mean they actually did improve performance.

P.S. I don't remember ever posting in this thread and directing questions to you in particular... if I wanted or expected an answer from you only I would have asked you by name in the question. You are not the only one in this thread that has answered simple questions with complex or sarcastic answers so don't feel like I was targeting you.

Jbrady, again Kudos for you on getting the headers produced but you need not take the results and what people think of the headers personally. I find it hard to believe any one is going to hold you responsible for the end product.

Old 08-17-05, 03:30 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Let me be more clear then.

It was said in this thread that only 1 run would be produced. Then it was said maybe 2 runs. Now before the first run has even ended they are being sold online. So, the question was whether the site is for real and can the headers be purchased through the site irregardless of the previous conversations of prepaid runs.
Ok, better question. I honestly did not understand your first one. Let me suggest to you that your question is pointed at me or at S&S Headers. It is phrased in such a way as to suggest either I or S&S is presenting "bogus" or un "real" information. By doing this in an either or fashion you force the choice of me or S&S as less than accurate. Do you see how this is an insult to one of us?

S&S is the manufacturer. Loren Barnes is the owner and chief designer. He is proud of these headers (and should be) and wanted to display them on his web site. Doing so does not change anything I have said in this thread. In order to build these profitably he needs to produce 20 sets (or more) at a time. He is in the process of building the first run right now. I sent him a list of over 50 commited buyers of which over 30 have already ordered. Based on the results so far it is fair to say that an additional run will be made. Of course he wants 20 sets to do so. Will he make another run? Will he build less than 20 in a run? These are both possible and up to him and in no way contradict anything I have written.

The comparison to the Tornado was a joke but the quote was not. Just because someone feels that the headers made them faster does not mean they actually did improve performance.
I understand that you meant this as a joke. Did everyone else reading it understand that? You must be careful to not inadvertantly insult people. That is if you care. Regarding the "butt-dyno" subjective performance gains... I myself have already stated many times that "feel" does not indicate "change". If you wish to remake the same comparison please do so without invoking a product of highly questionable value. Doing so draws comparisons like it or not.

P.S. I don't remember ever posting in this thread and directing questions to you in particular... if I wanted or expected an answer from you only I would have asked you by name in the question. You are not the only one in this thread that has answered simple questions with complex or sarcastic answers so don't feel like I was targeting you.
Whether you meant to or not the result was the same. Considering that everyone is calling these JB Headers (never did I suggest this, it was, has, is done IMO as a compliment) the name carries with it responsibility. Once this happens with ANY product with name association bears the praise and the blame... like it or not.

Jbrady, again Kudos for you on getting the headers produced but you need not take the results and what people think of the headers personally. I find it hard to believe any one is going to hold you responsible for the end product.
Again, I believe your intention is complimentary. However, when a "but" is placed after a compliment the emphasis is on the "but".

I understand your interest is sincere. If you have any questions please PM me. I will answer and you can post BOTH your question and answer. This will prevent others from being confused and result in more and better communication.
Old 08-17-05, 04:27 PM
jp430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered the headers

I have a 2001 GS430. I wanted to join the club. I hope these babys perform.
Old 08-17-05, 08:13 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Thanks JBrady...

I get it now. For right now since there are enough buyers for the next run anybody accessing the website can order and "tag on"... I just just think having them on the site available to order without some sort of disclaimer as to how long it will take to actually recieve product is unfair to those that have already paid and have gotten on a list. It looks like just anybody could go on the site and pick up these headers and have them within a week.

As for the rest it was spot on and I feel your pain... but all you did was get someone to manufacture a header for our car... it's not like you are manufacturing and making money on this so you really should not feel responsible for the outcome... S&S that took on the work and orders should worry about that...

If nothing else they look cool and it never hurts to be able to say you have headers on your car!

If I am ever able to get FI going I will definately be looking at getting a set for myself... I am sure under boost they will make a large impact.
Old 08-18-05, 07:57 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think anyone is personally trying to insult anybody. People just want to know how well these headers work.

Are there any more dyno tests in the works?

I'd love to see a stock GS430 dynoed and then tested again on the same dyno with the headers on(hopefully in the same weather conditions).
Old 08-18-05, 10:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

... but all you did was get someone to manufacture a header for our car...
<wince> And all Donald Trump does is get buildings built - he doesn't actually lay any bricks or put up steel or anything.

I know what you *meant* but it came across as if JB hasn't done much when it's clear he's done a ton of work.

JB - As far as I know *EVERYONE* appreciates what you've done. It wasn't easy and you deserve a lot of credit for the effort and perseverence.
Old 08-18-05, 11:10 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chuckb
I don't think anyone is personally trying to insult anybody. People just want to know how well these headers work.

Are there any more dyno tests in the works?

I'd love to see a stock GS430 dynoed and then tested again on the same dyno with the headers on(hopefully in the same weather conditions).
Me too!

But, at this point there is only ONE set in existance and I doubt gawd is willing to loan them out
Old 08-18-05, 02:12 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

~edited

Hope these really work out for everyone.

Last edited by CinFulxgs; 08-18-05 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-18-05, 07:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Come on now, everybody knows how tough it was to Getrdun... just doesn't make him responsible for $#1t...

If I convienced a local shop to make a Turbo kit for our cars I for sure wouldn't take responsibility for it working... or not working as the case might be.

I'll take it to PM.
Old 08-18-05, 08:50 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

I'll take it to PM.
Thanks

I get it now. For right now since there are enough buyers for the next run anybody accessing the website can order and "tag on"... I just just think having them on the site available to order without some sort of disclaimer as to how long it will take to actually recieve product is unfair to those that have already paid and have gotten on a list. It looks like just anybody could go on the site and pick up these headers and have them within a week.
You get it now? No, I don't think you do.

As for the rest it was spot on and I feel your pain... but all you did was get someone to manufacture a header for our car... it's not like you are manufacturing and making money on this so you really should not feel responsible for the outcome... S&S that took on the work and orders should worry about that...
Please, no more insinuation. Or rather inCINuation.

Come on now, everybody knows how tough it was to Getrdun... just doesn't make him responsible for $#1t...
A but without a but is still a but.

If I convienced a local shop to make a Turbo kit for our cars I for sure wouldn't take responsibility for it working... or not working as the case might be.
Useless rambling and insinuation. PLEASE stop.

As I posted above, IF and ONLY IF you have substantial value to add in the form of validated remarks... please post. Otherwise 30 posts is quite enough (yes, I counted). Please do not respond to this response. It was suggested way back that we form a FAQ for the headers. That would be great but take a lot more work. Responding to posts that I feel are easily misunderstood also takes work AND clutters up the thread. Please, no more work. Please, no more clutter.
Old 08-19-05, 07:28 AM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

~edited

Hope these really work out for everyone.

No one cares what u have to say in this thread, your comments offer no value. He said take it to pm to him yet you continued to post in the thread...DRRRRRR!

Quick Reply: Headers for V8 cars, Please read