Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

air conditioner control panel not coming on....no pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-15, 09:17 PM
brad450363
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air conditioner control panel not coming on....no pressure

Hey guys, couldn't find any thing on the forum but i'm new so i don't know if i'm even searching right. Any ways lol- my compressor froze and when it did the control panel went black so i installed a new compressor and it still wont come on. I'm about to throw all the other parts on (receiver dryer and expansion valve) and evacuate it and i hope it turns on. is there a switch? did a fuse blow? did my mechanic wire it wrong? I know on some cars there is a switch that will cut it off if there is no pressure in the car... do our sc's have one? do i need to replace it? i need help!!!! any one else out there been through this? this is my first time rebuilding an ac system please help! btw i have a sc300 1997 so its r134a if it matters lol.
thank you.
Old 09-13-15, 11:50 AM
sheila814
Rookie

Default A/C system

The is a high pressure switch and valve. The switch will keep the compressor from running if there is no pressure. the valve will pop (and reset) if there is too much pressure and will flip the switch until all is well in the pressure world. You can turn your key to acc and hold the ac and recirculate mode button down simultaneously and get fault codes from you a/c control module, but it sounds like you fuse is blown. The bottom line is if you don't have a leak and the pressure on the low and high side of the compressor is correct (the right amount of r134 in your system) your a/c should work.
If you replaced your compressor you would, of course, recharge your system with the correct amount of freon, which would be about 2 lbs (not the 2oz you get at the auto parts stores for $14!)
I just went through this and have an blown o-ring in the high side tube that is mounted directly under the ABS system (93 sc400). it is impossible to get at without special tools or taking the whole ABS system off or having very, very tiny hands. Once I get that replaced I will have my a/c guy filler er up, but he said he is not interest in taking the ABS off to get to this o-ring. And who knows how many other leaks it may have once that is fixed? its hell in FL with no a/c!
Old 09-14-15, 02:34 PM
brad450363
Driver School Candidate

thx so much! hey were is my ac fuse btw? an ya its hot as hell here to in az lol nice out today but we hit 117 a lil while ago!
Old 09-21-15, 10:47 AM
brad450363
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sheila814
The is a high pressure switch and valve. The switch will keep the compressor from running if there is no pressure. the valve will pop (and reset) if there is too much pressure and will flip the switch until all is well in the pressure world. You can turn your key to acc and hold the ac and recirculate mode button down simultaneously and get fault codes from you a/c control module, but it sounds like you fuse is blown. The bottom line is if you don't have a leak and the pressure on the low and high side of the compressor is correct (the right amount of r134 in your system) your a/c should work.
If you replaced your compressor you would, of course, recharge your system with the correct amount of freon, which would be about 2 lbs (not the 2oz you get at the auto parts stores for $14!)
I just went through this and have an blown o-ring in the high side tube that is mounted directly under the ABS system (93 sc400). it is impossible to get at without special tools or taking the whole ABS system off or having very, very tiny hands. Once I get that replaced I will have my a/c guy filler er up, but he said he is not interest in taking the ABS off to get to this o-ring. And who knows how many other leaks it may have once that is fixed? its hell in FL with no a/c!
ok so i tryed pressing auto temp recirculate and turning the ignition to on and still nothing where would the fuse be? my cigarette lighter still works
Old 10-14-15, 03:12 PM
sheila814
Rookie

Originally Posted by brad450363
ok so i tryed pressing auto temp recirculate and turning the ignition to on and still nothing where would the fuse be? my cigarette lighter still works
sorry for not getting back to you on this. let me check the manual. what car do you have?
Or have you got it all figured out. send me a private message so I can keep track of what information you need and i will try to help with this. my ac is out because the oring under the ABS system is shot and should have been replace by the a*** that converted the system for over $1000. I had the pressure check after putting frean with seal all in it, but the fluid is still spitting out there and this ac guy said the system won't come on until that is fixed,