Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GTE aristo swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-15, 10:50 AM
Krednjen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTE aristo swap

I have been lurking on this forum for some time, and have been active on supraforum, and celicasupra, for a decade. I have done many motor swaps, but this is my first attempt at a Sc300 swap. I have completed the mechanical portion of the install, and am finding the electrical part a bit daunting. I cut a hole in the tunnel instead of extending my harness, and I know I will get crap for that, but I am a big boy so whatever. I have gotten most of my info from the "2jz gte wiring made easy" post, and I am not sure easy is the word for 10 pages of instruction on how to build your own harness. Are there any other posts, about just getting it running with the Aristo harness. Specifically the wires under the fuse box. I am trying to avoid hard wiring the fuel pump. I prefer to let the ecm control it, as Lexus intended. Will gladly take the criticism along with any help available.
Old 07-21-15, 10:37 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,250 Likes on 870 Posts

Hello and welcome!

Moving this to our "Performance and Maintenance" subsection for more technical threads

You sound like you've had your fair share of project cars already and I hope you get to enjoy your SC very soon.

I offer no crap about the hole in the transmission tunnel other than that absolutely it's not usually the way it's done and of course I'd suggest going through the firewall. At the very least I'd personally be concerned about the heat from the transmission in SC's. Perhaps put some heavy duty heat shielding onto the section of harness that is right in the tunnel or back of the JZ block.

As for wiring guides, gerrb's Aristo GTE harness DIY thread is really the most specific one you'd want if doing it yourself. Those instructions directly apply to your engine spec. Apart from that there is the e-book guide Phil Aldridge wrote for a USDM 2JZGTE swap but the wiring is a bit different in sections and does not directly apply to an Aristo GTE setup. There are also outfits that will do a custom harness for you for a price.

I can't comment about the fuse box question, sorry but others here with more specific wiring knowledge can.

In regards to the fuel pump, I assume you do not want to do the Fuel ECU +12V bypass mod? Are you planning to use an OEM Supra TT Denso fuel pump or an aftermarket pump? It is possible to wire up the USDM TT Fuel ECU for use with the Denso TT pump with some extra trouble or you can supposedly wire the stock SC fuel ecu to act as a mere control relay for an aftermarket pump that has its own dedicated +12V lines that you would install yourself front to rear of the car. Specifics on how to do that are on this forum but I do not have a specific link for you, sorry. It is probably talked about in the main thread on this topic:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...tures-faq.html

Let us know some more information about your swap and we can better help you sort out some specific issues. I think the first thing though is to check the link about to see if the fuel ecu solution you are looking for has already been detailed.

Good luck! And of course we'd love to see a picture of your ride!
Old 07-22-15, 11:25 AM
Krednjen
Driver School Candidate

Ok, so the more I read, the more I think I will go ahead and do the 12 volt mod.
Old 07-22-15, 12:50 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

If you are running TT denso and you want to utilize the factory power supply lines for pump you will need to do the 12V mod to get the pump to turn on....without the 12V mod the TT pump will not turn on...

Also please look into my build thread......I did the Aristo 2JZGTE swap in my SC300 about year and a half ago......I used Gerry's wiring harness build thread to make my harness.....If you follow the harness guide exactly you will have a running car...

I have had 0 issues with my car since the swap.....it is pretty straight forward....but be very meticulous when building the harness and take your time.....this is not something you want to rush....

If you have any questions about the swap feel free to PM me and I will help you the best I can

Last edited by CatManD3W; 07-22-15 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-22-15, 03:13 PM
Krednjen
Driver School Candidate

As for my fuel pump, all of my builds are budget builds, as is everything else in my life. I do know where there is a supercharged XJR jag that is just dying to contribute it's fuel pump to a project like this. It is a factory 380 hp car, and most supercharged cars run much richer than turbocharged cars, due to the unforgiving nature of supercharging and heat, and or pre-detonation.

Last edited by Krednjen; 07-22-15 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-22-15, 03:54 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Stock Supra TT pump is the best to use.....They can be had used for $50-$75......

I bought mine for $65 shipped with 45K miles on it

Check on Supraforums....
Old 07-25-15, 06:40 PM
Krednjen
Driver School Candidate

Just found out that the XJR, uses a twin pump sender. So now I am wondering if I should try and make that work, ain anticipation of future upgrades??
Old 07-26-15, 12:48 PM
Krednjen
Driver School Candidate

I am,of course, going to seal this hole.