Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP new lexus owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 02:16 PM
nic6491
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP new lexus owner

Im sure this post will get all sorts of hate and possibly deleted but I am a new owner of a 1993 sc400 and I absolutely love it!!! However there are a few minor issues that need to be addressed. I browsed around a little bit and just couldn't really find anything that I was looking for so I was hoping that maybe starting a thread would help me out. I apologize in advance is this is not allowed and prohibited. I am new to this forum so if I am doing something wrong please let me know! As far as the issues I need help with, I think my window relay is going out but not for sure. Sometimes the windows roll down and sometimes the don't. I guess it just depends on if she wants me to melt or not. Also in need of a power steering pump (not really the biggest of my problems right now though) Last thing...does anyone here know the best site to get interior parts from? I am needing both door panels and probably some new dash pieces. I am really looking forward to this build and cant wait to hear back from you guys!
Old 07-08-15, 03:05 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Welcome to CL and glad to hear you love your SC400.

I'm going to move this thread to the performance and maintenance section which is the normal place for help questions that sort of seem maintenance or trouble related.

window relay, there are some threads on that do a search in the performance section for window and roll down or relay, haven't had that problem myself, make sure the rubber the window slides against is in good condition, if its worn it will make alot of pressure on the glass/motor. probably not it but worth a look.

whats wrong with it is the pump bad or alot of times the lines just leak not the pump.

power steering pump and interior parts check out the sc300/400 classifieds here.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...lassifieds-36/

you can post a WTB: and the part name which is a want to buy ad.

there are also a couple vendors like Aliga who regularly part out cars, and is a good place to find those interior pieces you need to replace if you can't find them locally. there is another company r& something I forget the name its in the classifieds.

If you like you can also start/ turn this into a build thread where you document all your progress, if you would like to do that let PM me (private messaging) and Ill move it to the build section, also tell me then if you want the title changed. its a good way to keep track of all the work you do and you can read what others are doing.
Welcome and good luck with the build! post some pics too if you get a chance.
Old 07-08-15, 03:31 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your car lowered in anyway?

As far as the pump go, bite the bullet and buy it from an autoparts store. Most autostores have a limited lifetime warranty on them. They are notorious for going bad (and killing the alternator that resides right below it), and over time you'll have to replace it again. At least you won't have to buy the part twice.
Old 07-09-15, 04:22 PM
nic6491
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ihiryu
Is your car lowered in anyway
Nah it's all stock. That what I've decided to do as far as the pump. Either that or just order one online. Found one for around $100 so that's not bad.