Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzge:denso/ngk wireset? Copper/platinum/iridium?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-15, 07:54 AM
LEXOWINO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2jzge:denso/ngk wireset? Copper/platinum/iridium?

Where Can I find the distributor seal part number? I know we cant give out URL links to products. I actually remembered I need to order that .

I have a OBD1 2JZGE and I want the best plugs for MPG and Emissions.
Are the Double Platinum TOYOTA /Denso PK16R11 the best for MPG and Emissions ?
Also does any one reccomend stepping down to copper resistor plugs for testing and tuning in heat ranges then moving to an iridium plug once you have your tune dialed in?
Is iridium going to help my MPG and Emissions mpre than double platinum?

Let me know ASAP guys. Im on the fence on DENSO or NGK wireset as well. I may go NGK but DENSO seems very viable as well I need to be swayed.

I'm trying to get my car to the track. JUNE 19 ENNIS
Old 06-17-15, 11:02 AM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts

Install Denso iridium IK16 plugs. They are better in every way over platiums.
The smaller sized electrode requires less voltage to bridge the gap. At the same time, it offers less resistance than conventional sized electrodes, and that leads to more energy sent across the gap causing a hotter spark. That means more power, better mpgs, and lower emissions due to a better burn.

As for plug wires, Denso or oem toyota will be fine. I'm pretty sure denso makes the oem wires anyway.

If you're looking for a performance spark plug wire, you can either make your own using MSD parts, or you can search for a japanese company called Ultra. They specialize in aftermarket ignition components but have now expanded to other electronics as well.

They make 2 plugwire kits for the 2JZGE motor with a distributor. One is an aftermarket upgrade and the Blue Point is for max performance.
I sourced mine thru RHDJapan.com

http://www.nagaidenshi.co.jp/PLUG/silicon.shtml

http://www.nagaidenshi.co.jp/PLUG/bluepoint.shtml

Last edited by 1997Soarer; 06-17-15 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-07-15, 12:58 PM
LEXOWINO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1997Soarer
Install Denso iridium IK16 plugs. They are better in every way over platiums.
The smaller sized electrode requires less voltage to bridge the gap. At the same time, it offers less resistance than conventional sized electrodes, and that leads to more energy sent across the gap causing a hotter spark. That means more power, better mpgs, and lower emissions due to a better burn.

As for plug wires, Denso or oem toyota will be fine. I'm pretty sure denso makes the oem wires anyway.

If you're looking for a performance spark plug wire, you can either make your own using MSD parts, or you can search for a japanese company called Ultra. They specialize in aftermarket ignition components but have now expanded to other electronics as well.

They make 2 plugwire kits for the 2JZGE motor with a distributor. One is an aftermarket upgrade and the Blue Point is for max performance.
I sourced mine thru RHDJapan.com

http://www.nagaidenshi.co.jp/PLUG/silicon.shtml

http://www.nagaidenshi.co.jp/PLUG/bluepoint.shtml

I couldnt find the DENSO wires before I found the NGk wires so I bought the NGK wires.
I ended up buying toyota denso air filter
toyota denso cap rotor oring
toyota denso oil filter and toyota 0w-20 synthetic
and Denso K16R plugs long life iridium . I do no plan on a turbo kit anytime soon.