Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

All Boostlogic Manifold NA-T Users

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-14, 05:43 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Boostlogic Manifold NA-T Users

What turbo are you running with your setup?
I got the manifold 2nd hand, so I ended up buying a borg warner s360.
Turns out, turbo hits the strut tower (the compressor housing does) and if I add a spacer the turbo would sit to high and interfere with the stock intake.

So, what turbos are you running? I was able to dig into the archives and find out that the pt61 came with the boostlogic na-t kit, however precision no longer makes that turbo.
Old 11-05-14, 07:40 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The borg warner turbos have large taller turbine housings. The Boostlogic manifolds and ebay manifolds all were mocked for smaller turbo's like the PTE units due to the size and the fact that you have a throttle body / intake manifold directly above it. Pick your poison from the precision line up and go with either a .68 open T4 housing or .81 Open T4 housing and it will fit fine. It doesn't have to be a PT61, which is an older style turbo. I would go with a PTE 6266.

Or just convert it to a forward facing intake manifold and then you can run whatever turbo fits the manifold. This is however more involved and can add up money wise but there is an XSPower version now that is pretty affordable, it's just not a complete kit you have to buy the rest of the parts.
Old 11-05-14, 10:22 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

yea I sorta figured that... after the fact.
and I found out that the pte is usually about 1" smaller than borg. and yea, I need that 1"
Old 11-05-14, 12:49 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mecheng10
yea I sorta figured that... after the fact.
and I found out that the pte is usually about 1" smaller than borg. and yea, I need that 1"
I went through the same issue with mine. I originally did a 1.00 A/R divided housing which ended up being to tall to fit the stock intake manifold / throttle body. A simple turbine housing switch fixed it down to a open T4 .81.
Old 11-05-14, 01:16 PM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

well the turbine would be in the way if I added a spacer to raise the turbo. so I can either get the smaller turbine housing and add a spacer and hope it works or go with a pte turbo
my current problem with the way the manifold sits is the compressor cover hitting the shock tower.
Old 11-05-14, 01:25 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mecheng10
well the turbine would be in the way if I added a spacer to raise the turbo. so I can either get the smaller turbine housing and add a spacer and hope it works or go with a pte turbo
my current problem with the way the manifold sits is the compressor cover hitting the shock tower.
From what I understand the BW units have really large compressor housings as well. Do you have any friends or car guys local to you that you could use a PTE unit or similar to mock up? The boostlogic manifold should definitely clear a PTE unit as long as it's the 4" inlet, 2.5" outlet compressor housing.
Old 11-05-14, 01:29 PM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

ill have to look around, but everybody I know is doing ls swaps!