Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Seafoam experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-14, 11:29 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Seafoam experiences?

so i just seafoamed my SC4 and it turned out awesome!!! on the dip stick before the oil change, the oil was pretty clean and looked good. however after the seafoam, the oil drained was pure black, absolutely atrocious. can't believe how much crap came out of that!!! pouring it in the PCV pipe was the only sketchy part, had my gf on the throttle while i was pouring it and she had to pretty much floor it cz the car was bogging down hard with the hose just out like that.

besides that little sketchy part the car runs great now, well better, still got a couple things to iron out, but my idle is cleaner, car revs quicker, and seems to be on a diet lol.

let me know your experiences and if you've done any other treatments to the engine. i've also heard of motor flush and actually have a bottle of it, you only put that in the crank case though, has anyone used that and is it any different from seafoam?
Old 03-15-14, 06:33 AM
FSportJoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live on a lake.....it's a hot commodity around here in boats and jet skis. I've never run it thru the pvc of my vehicles but my neighbor does it....I always think someone's house in on fire! LOL! I cleaned the engine on a 2004 Dodge Ram that had 100k miles on it and it cleaned it out. I would be careful with high mileage cars though....I hear it may clean it too well and seals and gaskets may be compromised. Other than that....I buy it by the gallon....a lot cheaper....around $60 at Advance Auto!

FSportJoe
Old 03-15-14, 06:53 AM
islove623
Driver School Candidate

Used sea foam on my is250 around 120k threw the brake booster line couldn't see anything but smoke for a good 5 minutes lol. It supposedly works good with your gas also I throw some in every couple fill ups. Is250 is known for carbon build up so I like to take preventative measures so it doesn't get to gunked. I ran a spray can of mopar combustion chamber cleaner threw the brake booster line also. (Easy to get in there) didn't get as much smoke but got some smoke because I did it about 6k miles after I did the sea foam. (Did the sea foam and the mopar right before oil changes) but between the both I could tell it cleaned it out good because of the amount of smoke when doing the mopar
Old 03-15-14, 06:56 AM
islove623
Driver School Candidate

I cleaned the throttle body when changing my air filter out for a AFE pro dry s filter also there was a good amount of build up on the throttle body ( don't know if it was ever cleaned) cleaned the maf sensor while I was at it. Car runs great
Old 03-15-14, 11:35 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

i'm just running maintenance all over my car right now. i've done all fluids so far and was wondering about the seafoam so gave that a try. next up i'm gonna do the throttle body, IACV and the Maf possibly. then i'm gonna try to delete the cat or hollow it for better MPGs!!! no smog in illinois for cars older than 95 so yay lol. car has been running better and better with each step. i'll try putting some of the seafoam in the tank every few fill ups, see if that changes anything. thanks for your inputs guys.
Old 03-16-14, 08:56 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used it on my IS250 and it worked out really well. Usually on the IS's you can hear the direct injection tick and after a full bottle in the gas tank, it got quieter. I also had some bogging issues at idle and it hasnt happened in about 2 months.