Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ SC300 will not rev past 2000 rpm STILL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-13, 02:18 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well it was.
Now it wont rev past 2k again.
Changed Both cam sensors
Crank Angle sensor
Three ECU's

Still
Old 09-23-13, 03:12 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

no ecu codes at all?
Old 09-23-13, 04:34 PM
Elevated
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long did that fix work until it crapped the bed again?

What is the wide and and boost gauge saying when you are hitting this wall? Should prob post a vid...
Old 09-23-13, 04:47 PM
Elevated
Driver School Candidate

Also, you should really listen to blk&blu, check the crank trigger wheel to see if its come loose. Sounds like a timing trigger issue. Maybe have a shop scope the signals? Or if you have someone close by with an emanage ultimate with pnp harness, you can watch/log in real time and get lots of answers if you know what you're looking for.
Old 09-24-13, 06:01 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
no ecu codes at all?
I could not get any codes to show. I asked the shop owner where it is to scan it to pull codes but I don't think he has yet.

Originally Posted by Elevated
How long did that fix work until it crapped the bed again?

What is the wide and and boost gauge saying when you are hitting this wall? Should prob post a vid...
I have no wideband or boost gauge hooked up as it is completely stock. When it was running rich I could hear it boosting. Its no longer running rich or boosting just while free revving but its hitting that wall again, or so the mechanic told me. I need to go over there and take a look myself today.

Originally Posted by Elevated
Also, you should really listen to blk&blu, check the crank trigger wheel to see if its come loose. Sounds like a timing trigger issue. Maybe have a shop scope the signals? Or if you have someone close by with an emanage ultimate with pnp harness, you can watch/log in real time and get lots of answers if you know what you're looking for.
You would think that would be something they would do but not yet. I will look into this and try it when I go over there tonight. No one I know here with an E-Manage. Everyone is on stock management or still trying to get their 1JZ to run.

These videos are of the engine before the injectors went bad apparently. The 2k limit.

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/OBE...O0008.mp4.html

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/OBE...O0005.mp4.html

This video is after we swapped injectors but not the ECU. It is breaking up I think because the ECU needed new caps. We used another ECU and it revved fine. I don't have a video of that.

After this apparently it stopped working again:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95068106@N08/9710743648/

Last edited by OBEEWON; 09-24-13 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-24-13, 09:07 AM
Elevated
Driver School Candidate

You could hook up a boost gauge under the hood simple like. It's probably a really simple issue.
Old 09-24-13, 02:29 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

only the last video does it sound like it is almost running right. probably a crank signal issue.
make sure the noise filter is installed on the ignitor (the white/grey plug next to it).
who did your harness? if you can't get the check engine light to work then that would be the place to start.
Even if you it wasn't wired up its like 1 wire off the ecu to a spare light to get it to blink out the codes at you.
Old 09-24-13, 06:07 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

That is a Chaser motor originally!!!!!!!!!!

Your running an open DP??? how do you have an O2 sensor on an open DP
Old 09-26-13, 01:09 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
That is a Chaser motor originally!!!!!!!!!!

Your running an open DP??? how do you have an O2 sensor on an open DP
I can assure you it's not as I pulled it out of a running soarer.
The exhaust is on now. That was the initail start up after the engine was swapped.
Old 09-26-13, 01:10 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
only the last video does it sound like it is almost running right. probably a crank signal issue.
make sure the noise filter is installed on the ignitor (the white/grey plug next to it).
who did your harness? if you can't get the check engine light to work then that would be the place to start.
Even if you it wasn't wired up its like 1 wire off the ecu to a spare light to get it to blink out the codes at you.
Good idea! I will try a light.
The wiring was all Soarer of the same year so it was just extended and plugged right in.
Old 09-26-13, 01:57 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OBEEWON
I can assure you it's not as I pulled it out of a running soarer.
The exhaust is on now. That was the initail start up after the engine was swapped.
Not going to argue with you!! so you went to Japan,Canada,Australia and pulled this motor out of a Toyota Soarer???
Or was it that you pulled this motor out of a Lexus SC 300 here in the states cause the only 1J that came with TRC was from a Toyota Chaser or for the US conversion market as a Cressida which stopped in 92 in the US but in the Japan went till the 2000 yr = JZX110.
GL I'm out of this thread!!!
Nothing like arguing with somebody who has taken time to try and help you with you dilemma!!!.
Old 09-26-13, 03:34 PM
jdmstar69
Driver

^^^^ dang, somebody got butt hurt lol
Old 09-26-13, 03:48 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jdmstar69
^^^^ dang, somebody got butt hurt lol
Not butt hurt ^^^^^ just get fed up with the typical Forum BS when all you do is try and help.
It would have been some good info to know in helping him diagnosis his issue.

And just out of curiosity what rock have you exited out from behind cause you haven't posted anything useful in this thread to date so go TROLL somewhere else.
Old 09-26-13, 04:17 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty sure TRC was optional on JZZ30s. There are plenty of diagnostic documents and pics of Soarer bays with TRC out there.

Checking the crank trigger is a great first step. I also like the idea of scoping or tapping all of the sensors via a piggyback and watching them real-time. Also, you can have wiring issues that cause open injectors, such as chafed wires grounding out the injector signal wires causing them to go static. I would ohm each injector signal wire out and verify you dont have continuity to ground through the harness anywhere.
Old 09-26-13, 05:59 PM
Elevated
Driver School Candidate

Trc was absolutely optional on the z30 soarer. Also, 2000 was still jzx100 which was non drive by wire 1jzgte vvti. Jzx110 went on til like 2004.

If you're hell bent on figuring out which engine he has, jzx90 turbo outlets faces dead towards the fender, whereas the soarer angles down towards the headlight.

Either way, that won't help figure out the issue!

Can't remember exactly, but pretty sure some things will have to be moved around. I'd say go through the harness.

Quick Reply: 1JZ SC300 will not rev past 2000 rpm STILL!