Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Leaking Distributor Repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-13, 05:01 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Distributor Repair

Hey guys, my distributor keeps leaking oil into my alternator. So far, I've been through like 3-4 alternator replacements because of this, replaced the distributor O-ring, and the actual distributor itself 1-2 times. All used parts by the way, hence the reason for replacing the more than once, brand new ones are way overpriced as I'm sure you guys know. So anyway, my most recent distributor is leaking AGAIN, and all the oil is leaking out of the shiny silver part under the black cap on the distributor. My mechanic said that it is definitely not the O-ring, and this distributor itself just started leaking again about a month or two ago, and I'm obviously not trying to drive around with it like this and then have to replace the alternator AGAIN as well. So, my question is how hard is it and how much time will it take to swap out the old leaking distributor itself for the replacement one I just got? Is there anything that can electrocute me or anything while working with this since I know the plugs go into and whatnot. I just got done replacing my heater control valve, is it similar in replacing as far as time goes or does it take more time? Thanks in advance.

By the way, I have a 94 SC300.