Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

bucking, squeeking, squealing and chirping... smh at the sc please help...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-12, 02:50 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy bucking, squeeking, squealing and chirping... smh at the sc please help...

ok so its been about a month.. it ran great at first but then **** started happening 0.0

:BUCKING:
ok so any way ive read alot about bucking around 3,500 on here and nothing really described wat im feeling on 1st gear it starts at 3500 and second as well but 3rd it starts at 3000 and it doesnt matter how muh gas i give it it still happens. ive read it could be numerous thing spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, maf, disturbitor, and jumped timing..... from what i think i know is the car did sit 6 months and sure as hell hope it didnt jump timing....this is the main reason im posting this it started yesterday in a snow storm i just cleaned the air filter and had it reved really high trying to make it up a hill some one said i could have arced a sparkplug please help

:SQUEEKING:
only happens in reverse and comes from the passenger side brake caliper i think im just going to upgrade to the sc400 brake package.....

:SQUEALING:
everytime i start off in first and let the clutch out it squeals....

:CHIRPING:
is the fan clutch which will be fixed with twin electric fans

::OTHER PROBLEMS:::

door locks on my key fob wont work checked all fuses replaced battery in key still dont know so i lock my doors and use my key and lots of wd40

passenger door window dont go up or down electric mirror doesnt work on that side either but door lock and speakers do
Old 12-23-12, 02:55 PM
durps
Lead Lap

Try cleani g your iacv and doi g the 12v fuel pump mod. Google sc300 12v fuel pump mod
Old 12-23-12, 02:58 PM
scott101
Pole Position

i had/have the bucking as well, around just before 3k if i remember correctly, it was only under acceleration when warm, and it only happens sometimes. ive replaced maf (once) and i have a collection of tps's and right now its working alright. i would say tps and maf, thats what everyone told me
Old 12-23-12, 03:15 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by durps
Try cleani g your iacv and doi g the 12v fuel pump mod. Google sc300 12v fuel pump mod
see that kind of explains some thing being that my maf is right next to my cone on the intake instead just buying a new one i just bought a recharge kit and im thinking maybe the oil got into the maf?
ill go check on this right now ty for the feedback so quick anyhting else you think will help me please help a noobie sc owner out =]
Old 12-23-12, 03:18 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Would also say tps and maf also. All thise symptoms point straight there except for the squeaky brakes.
Old 12-23-12, 03:35 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by PoisonedSc
ok so its been about a month.. it ran great at first but then **** started happening 0.0

:BUCKING:
ok so any way ive read alot about bucking around 3,500 on here and nothing really described wat im feeling on 1st gear it starts at 3500 and second as well but 3rd it starts at 3000 and it doesnt matter how muh gas i give it it still happens. ive read it could be numerous thing spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, maf, disturbitor, and jumped timing..... from what i think i know is the car did sit 6 months and sure as hell hope it didnt jump timing....this is the main reason im posting this it started yesterday in a snow storm i just cleaned the air filter and had it reved really high trying to make it up a hill some one said i could have arced a sparkplug please help
Could be each part or a combo of all three: The TPS, #1 to replace, The O2 Sensors, #2 to replace, and if all else fails, the MAF most likely will correct the chucking.

Originally Posted by PoisonedSc
passenger door window dont go up or down electric mirror doesnt work on that side either but door lock and speakers do
Your window regulator is out. Mirror could be a fuse, search in the owners manual.
Old 12-23-12, 04:18 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

lmao ok so the bucking/chucking was all my fault it seems to be because when i bought the car they had put headers on it and just chicken wired the one o2 sensor in and pluged the other hole and rubbed jbweld all over the other o2 so i went out and bought a universal o2 that would fit the whole and when i sodered the wires i must have forgot to put it in a place where it wouldnt touch the motor needless to say it burnt threw the plastic coating and was shorting out so i electrical taped it and then taped in to the intake hope this works bucking went away as for the o2 senors is it ok to do what i did or should i go out and buy the other 02?
Old 12-23-12, 04:21 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

oh and the brakes i just noticed the guy bull****ed me on em i know the kid to had the car before the guy i bought it off and he told me all he put in it the guy saying he did it back brake calipers are new the front are old smh and the window worked perfect im going to hard wire the regulator and see if i get any movement im hoping its just the switch pulling the panels off these doors are a pita.....
Old 12-23-12, 04:41 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

and also i think you guys need some pics of this thing just dont laugh lol

Old 12-23-12, 04:42 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Old 12-23-12, 04:49 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Old 12-23-12, 04:54 PM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

i also get a rear light warning when i hit the brakes any one know of a thread that will fix this i know my brake lights work
Old 12-23-12, 06:42 PM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

Before you hard wire your motor in just hook up a 12v battery (I usually used my lawn tractor) to power the regulator to test it
Old 12-23-12, 09:42 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

SUPPORT ZOMBIES!!! lol. Ebay taillights aren't the worst in the world imao, lip is a little weird, as long as the motor aint messed W/! Nice car...
Old 12-24-12, 08:45 AM
PoisonedSc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC400slide
SUPPORT ZOMBIES!!! lol. Ebay taillights aren't the worst in the world imao, lip is a little weird, as long as the motor aint messed W/! Nice car...
Lol yea I guess eBay will do since its just one more thing I don't have to buy but no the motor doesn't look ****ed with just some duct tape holding the headers on j/p and the bucking is back starting to think this is another money pit like crusty

Quick Reply: bucking, squeeking, squealing and chirping... smh at the sc please help...