Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I hate my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-12, 08:38 AM
cashed350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by account2x
You misunderstand. I'm saying doing is just as important as not doing, trying is just as important as not trying and thinking is just as important as not thinking.

I've worked on supercharged UZs and turbocharged JZs; Neither is reliable and both are a hassle.
This is probably the most ridiculous comment i have seen on here. . . my IS has a Aristo VVti swap on the factory IS GE ECU and it drives like stock only faster. . . 100% reliable! I have taken trips to meets as far as 300 miles away with 0 issues, good gas mileage, and it just passed TN emissions . . AGAIN. I just picked up a clean blk/blk SC400 and am planning on the manual conversion and a SC later this year! Keep up the progress and everything will work out for you eventually!
Old 12-26-12, 11:56 AM
ChrisH
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont love her another SC guy will~
Old 12-26-12, 02:16 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cashed: I would defend account2x, he is a bit brash, but he does know his stuff. He's just speaking about his personal experience.

ChrisH: My mindset is simple, if I can't have her, no one will!!

Well here's an update, it's so weird that I was just about to update it and someone bumped it for me ha ha.
I was waiting on my USB->serial cable that I ordered from JayCar (came highly recommended from a few guys). It finally made it in today.

So:
GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor: Check
GM IAT Sensor with bung welded in the intake pipe: Check
12 7MGTE injectors (since no one would part with just two of 'em): Check
JayCar USB->Serial: Check
Time: Whoa, not so fast there!

Here's the problem, my S30 is down, for a turbo upgrade. The new turbo is in, but the downpipe isn't done yet, I should be picking it up tomorrow. Also my reflashed ECU and injectors came in for her, so that needs to go in as well. I have all I need for the S30 and I'm doing my best to get her finished this weekend cause I miss driving my Go-Kart-like car. Then I can put the SC in for her stuff.

The MR2 is having a little bit of problem (seems like the wastegate is starting to go bad) but that shiz is very had to do. She's only hitting five of eight psi, so I don't know how much longer the gate will last, but I don't boost very often so it should be okay. Either way, the SC will be going in pretty soon so long as work doesn't get to crazy busy.

I forgot I have headers that need to get installed the in the SC as well. And I'll have to get some mufflers for sure ha ha.
Old 02-05-13, 04:07 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So let me bump up my thread since it's been awhile. I haven't messed with the SC. I'm still having issues with my S30. Long story short, seems like my injectors are bad (GTR 440), so I'm sending those off to get cleaned and flow tested. I also bought some techno toy tuning suspension for her.

MR2 is good, turns out to be a leaky BOV.

The wiring for the SC is pretty much completed for the adaptronic though. Need to get some loose ends check when I get the chance on the engine harness, but I'm pretty sure it's right....still gotta find some time to put the dang headers on too.....