Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Bad O2 Sensors causing 92 SC to have NO real power?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 01:56 PM
ChrisH
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad O2 Sensors causing 92 SC to have NO real power?

So I went to the dealership today and had my car scanned. They said that the culprit to my issue is the O2 sensors. My car got a lean run code(25). What I would like to know before I dump another couple hundred into this car, is that would bad o2 sensors cause a car to not go full throttle? I feel the throttle open up fully when I floor it, but the car only creeps. Heres a list of things I have done to date

Oil Change
Transmission oil/Filter
Shift solenoids
Both Ignition coil packs
Spark plugs
Fuel Filter
Must have swapped the tps and maf sensor about 5 times already....but unsure if they were broken.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, mass airflow sensor unplugged causes car to almost stall out when i push the throttle, W T F.

Last edited by ChrisH; 06-18-12 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-18-12, 03:31 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Find a mechanic that has a lab scope. He can determine if the o2 sensors are bad by adding propane, snap test and observing the readings
Old 06-18-12, 07:16 PM
ChrisH
Rookie

Now how much would that cost? I priced the new sensors at 40 bucks a peiced plus s/h. I'm so close to just going with a manual swap, this issue is crazy! Its like driving a car with civic acceleration!
Old 06-19-12, 05:19 PM
ChrisH
Rookie

Update , the throttle cable seems to be seized? When it was raining yesterday, the car was driving perfectly? My question is, would the throttle cable being seized cause the car to not drive properly in D but ok in L? Also noticed my main seal is leaking.

Also my OD light is still flashing, is it possible for it to be a solenoid other than the shift solenoids ? Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by ChrisH; 06-19-12 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-19-12, 05:29 PM
rogers2014
Rookie

Originally Posted by ChrisH
Update , the throttle cable seems to be seized? When it was raining yesterday, the car was driving perfectly? My question is, would the throttle cable being seized cause the car to not drive properly in D but ok in L? Also noticed my main seal is leaking.

Also my OD light is still flashing, is it possible for it to be a solenoid other than the shift solenoids ? Any help is appreciated!
Hey Chris, ok, if that is so it would make sence for the O/D to be flashing as it can't go into the 4th gear, remember the whole purpose of the cable is to shift from gear to gear and lets take for instance if it is siezed that means when you shift it into drive and the O/D is on it's stretching the "siezed" cable even more hence it catches, sometimes it doesn't. SO it would make sence the car doesn't drive properly in D but in L. It seems to me that it is the cable, i had a tranny cable problem with a toyota matrix it got real stiff till the point of snapping. So i know,