Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Oil cooler location help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-10, 04:12 PM
cheapstick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil cooler location help!

Alright guys/gals, I haven't posted on here yet, but I need some help. Can you post up where you mounted your aftermarket oil cooler? I just bought one and can't find a place to put it unless I run lines all the way to the passenger side, which I would rather not do. I can mount it on the driver side but it is at a really weird angle. I need some inspiration!
I would prefer pics of where you mounted it if you have a front mount.
Thanks
Rich-
Old 10-20-10, 06:06 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

view my build thread, I mounted mine in front of the radiator. on the lower core support.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-thread-7.html

I will be adding ducting to that whole area also so air flow wont be much of an issue once that's all done.
Old 10-20-10, 06:20 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what cooler you got but I picked one up from an MKIII Supra for 10 bucks. Got some oil lines from the auto parts for another 10 bucks and tie strapped that thing to the passenger side inner bumper area. Took all of 15min and that included jacking up the car so i could get under it. It really is a simple process but I am useing it to cool my trans fluid i guess u wanna cool the actual engine oil correct ?
Old 10-20-10, 02:28 PM
cheapstick
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, its for the engine oil. I would put it up front further but it won't fit. I bought a derale cooler with a fan.
Old 10-21-10, 07:57 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

If you're serious about cooling, get your oil cooler out of the path of radiator. It's in your best interest to provide fresh air to all coolers. I put an Earl Setrab 13x9 on the driver's side. I had to cut a little hole in the panel where the battery used to sit, which I don't mind because it's well worth it. One more thing, the shortest path possible is best for your bearings every start up and high RPM, another plus for the left side mounting. Also, make sure you get a AN10 lines to be on the safe side... And while you're at it, compare the sandwich you get from Ebay to the one from Earl's , HUGE DIFFERENCE in capacity <I have both>, however the earl's one doesn't have holes for sensors.........

Last edited by madmax98; 10-21-10 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-23-10, 04:58 PM
cheapstick
Driver School Candidate

Well my setup consists of a Derale 13x10 cooler with -10 lines, Earls thermostatic sandwich plate (for the rare street driving), and 750cfm fan. I ended up squeezing it in the drivers side wheel well. Its a pretty tight fit and I had to weld up some pretty crazy brackets to mount it, and put the PS cooler on top, but it came out good. I am probably going to move the PS cooler later on. I will post pics up later.