Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need serious help replacing my ECT sensor!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-10, 04:03 PM
Cablendz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need serious help replacing my ECT sensor!! HELP!!

Hey guys,,

I having a problem with my 95 sc300.. At first everything was fine. It would fly when i tap tha accelerator... N then my idiot self decided to change the spark plugs to see if i get more power.. At first, install went ok.. had no noise from the engine... still ran smoothly..... First i changed the 4 spark plugs that were easy to get to.... That was my downfall.... Car started overheating and white smoke coming from my vacuum hose..... So after that i stopped being lazy and put the last 2 plugs in... No more overheating.. no more smoke... but now i lost a lot of power in accelerating and the idling sound is very rough like somethings knocking a little... I seen the last thread for this problem and decided to try to change the ignition coil and the engine coolant temp sensor.... I haven't purchased a new coil yet but i got the ect sensor... Looking at the old diagrams,, i can't figure out where It's located for me to change it... I pulled out 1 connector under the manifold on the driver's side.... the existing plug n the new one doesn't look the same and the existing connector has a 1prong connection.. My new ect sensor has a 2 prong connection... Got it from autozone,, duralast for $25.. I heard that this sensor could solve the problem but I have nooo idea where to replace it! PLEASE help me out guys!!
Old 09-30-10, 08:47 AM
pearl93'ls
Driver

mine is in the shop with the same issues right now... its only running on 4 cylinders..He is pullin codes as i type.. he said ect or air mass flow sensors...fingers are crossed...I thought the dam motor was knocking
Old 10-15-10, 03:53 PM
Cablendz
Driver School Candidate

I resolved my problem.... One of my spark plugs was broke when i went to check them.. So i replaced it and got my power back.... Now i believe tha problem i'm havin is my ignition coil.. i could smell the fumes a little bit when i'm driving. also out of both wires connected to it,, i'm only getting power from one of those wires...