Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

almost there...na-t need some help/advice befor i start the car

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-09, 04:22 PM

Default almost there...na-t need some help/advice befor i start the car

ok i have a 1992 sc300 going na-t this is my first real engine project i'm doing my self in my garage. here's a list of things i have done and installed and a list of things thats in progress or i started something and i don't know what to do or i'm scared to do it! lol soooo the most i have really done to a engine is add a intake.. replace broken parts...tune up....so as you can tell i'm pretty much a noob when it comes to engine! please check out my list let me know if i'm missing anything or if you have any advice for me befor i start my car.

list of things done and installed:
-safc2
-turbo manifold
-holset h1e turbo
-down pipe
-waste gate
-waste gate dump tube
-oil return flange
-oil return line
-oil feed line
-oil fitting tap near the big bolt near the oil filter
-intercooler
-most ic piping "still waiting on ffim"
-4 runner dist cap
-power steering tank relocation

still in progress/need help

-egr delete since i will be useing a ffim but with the stock thorttle body can anyone tell me were i routh the hard vac lines that are comming from the back of the manifold connected to the sensors? pics would help me out very much!

-o2 sensor i read here that u can use one but just to make shure i have a 1992 sc300 each o2 sensor is one wire i believe.. can i just spice them together and run 1 02 sensor? is that how to jump them together or is it more technical than that...if so then help please lol

- i did not touch my timing do i need to change it? if so... how do i do that?

- my local pep boys does not carry ngk 3330s is there another other kinds of plugs i can use? and where do i gap it at?

- do i need to do anything with electronics/wires/fuse? "as in" do i need to jump or bypass anything?

- i have a sc400 map sensor. i know how to install injectors im thinking of getting 440cc. is that anything else i need to install to get this 440cc and sc400 map working?

fluids that i have ready to go in to the engine
-oil
-coolent
-atf fluid for power steering

things i plan on getting done after car starts

-custom 3inch exhaust all the way back
-electric fans

future plans
-get a spar 2jzge with lower miles...get it cleaned and get tt head gasket
-aem ems
-fuel upgrade

if i'm missing something please let me know onces again this is my first real engine project that i'm doing alone.

here's my screen name on aim. "djkevin510" im on aim 24/7 if can help me out please feel free to aim me i would really appreciate it thanks again!!
Old 10-18-09, 05:51 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

seems your right on track. you dont need to touch the timing. As for the egr delete, there are a couple threads around here with pics. as for the o2 sensors, depending on what kind of wideband your using, you can jump it to the second plug and get rid of the second o2 sensor..or just do like me and leave all 3 lol. As for the plugs, not sure. Gap settings can be found over on clubna-t though.

if you need some 440cc, I have some that are drop in and go. but the only thing I didnt see on your list was a wideband o2..be sure an have one before you start the car. you can boost without it, but HIGHLY recommend getting one
Old 10-18-09, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by turbodremz
seems your right on track. you dont need to touch the timing. As for the egr delete, there are a couple threads around here with pics. as for the o2 sensors, depending on what kind of wideband your using, you can jump it to the second plug and get rid of the second o2 sensor..or just do like me and leave all 3 lol. As for the plugs, not sure. Gap settings can be found over on clubna-t though.

if you need some 440cc, I have some that are drop in and go. but the only thing I didnt see on your list was a wideband o2..be sure an have one before you start the car. you can boost without it, but HIGHLY recommend getting one

haha your alwase the first one to respond! but yo where you been at? never on aim no more?...how much for the injectors? pm me or aim me
Old 10-18-09, 06:04 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been busy and forget to sign into aim..i'll be on in a few.