Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 W58 Install thread(Parts thread now progress thread in a few weeks)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 06:29 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 W58 Install thread(Parts thread now progress thread in a few weeks)

Hello guys and gals, I am currently deployed as of right now but am getting parts together for this swap. As of now I have a W58 from an MKIII, MKIV remote shifter assembly, TRD short throw shifter(MKIV), and a Bullet Cars Australia W58 to 1UZFE conversion kit(including newly machined billet aluminum bellhousing, un-sprung race clutch, aluminum fywheel, pressure plate, slave cylinder, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and clutch fork). I also purcahsed a MKIV four point steering wheel, Wise front lip, Wilwood Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors and all the emblems to badge it a Toyota Soarer(my car I'll do what I want....lol). As of right now I am still in need of a few small things though, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I need the Clutch assembly from either a LHD Soarer or SC300, the center shift bezel from either as well, and finally the forward section or complete drive shaft from either. Tell me what you guys think and please help me out or point me in the right direction for these three parts. I have cash in hand.

Here are a few pics of what I have in my possesion.

The SC400:

Parts:

TRD Shifter and ****

MKIV wheel

Wise lip

Soarer emblems

Bullet Cars Australia 1UZ-W58 Conversion Kit

No pics of the transmission, brakes or MKIV remote shifter being they shipped to the base instead of the house....why i have no clue.
Old 08-28-09, 03:59 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Ordered the center bezel complete with shift boot and seat warmer buttons yesterday afternoon. Wanganstyl is selling me the Clutch pedal assembly from their SC300 and should ship shortly.

Thanks Wangan.

I am in need of the drive shaft still but hoping to find one soon. I will start posting progress pics and notes once i get back from Iraq.

Thanks for looking!
Old 08-28-09, 10:03 AM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

oh wow. how much did that bellhousing set you back?
Old 08-28-09, 11:49 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HELL YEAH!!

Im in for this one, Another Manual sc400, im all about that
Old 08-28-09, 02:05 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Should be fun
Old 08-28-09, 02:23 PM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't wait to see the build
Old 08-28-09, 04:10 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice..ain't this yotatoysupra89 on INC.com?
Old 08-29-09, 03:40 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Yup, that be me, whats up dude!

The whole kit cost right at $2,000. I think it was well worth it though considering it came with brand new components. That and I dont have to mess around with the guess work of cutting into the stock bellhousing.
Old 08-29-09, 07:23 AM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet the 1UZ's gonna be a blast to drive with the 5spd.....I'm supposed to go pick up my W58 tonight from that guy in Charlotte!
Old 08-29-09, 09:00 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Nice! Good thing for you, is the bellhousing bolts right up. You still need a drive shaft from a manual and the clutch assembly, which is pretty hard to come by believe it or not. None the less, it should be pretty straight forward.

The front DS section from an MKIII Supra bolted up to the rear DS section of the auto SC works if you cant find one or dont want to spring for the one piece DS.
Old 08-29-09, 01:53 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC'd SC400
Nice! Good thing for you, is the bellhousing bolts right up. You still need a drive shaft from a manual and the clutch assembly, which is pretty hard to come by believe it or not. None the less, it should be pretty straight forward.

The front DS section from an MKIII Supra bolted up to the rear DS section of the auto SC works if you cant find one or dont want to spring for the one piece DS.
I'm getting the driveshaft from the same guy.....but i have to find a 2jz bellhousing from a SC or Supra, or 1JZ.
Old 10-18-09, 09:09 PM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Progress pics as promised!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting to get my leave dates so I can install the transmission but this is a nice dent in the swap!

All the bits have arrived!

Clutch pedal.

Bullet Cars Custom Bellhousing!

New slave cylinder

1UZFE prepped W58

TRD short throw shifter on MKIV shift adapter.

Exedy Sports Tuff Clutch Kit.

SC300 shift bezel

This kit is essential, makes it so much cleaner and its easy to use.

First pre-drill holes for your two mounting brackets and one for your clutch linkage and boot.

install the punch with cookie cut bit inside the car and flat bit on the outside and tighten till it pulls through and looks like this.

bay view

inside view

Install master cylinder

route linkage through pedal bracket and install nuts

route the hydraulic line to the transmission.

And you are done! Did this by myself today and it took 3 hours give or take a few minutes.
Old 10-18-09, 11:19 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice write up so far pics are always good.lol im getting ready to do the exact same thing with my sc300...
the clutch pedal should still fit if u still have the automatic brake pedal instead of the manual brake pedal right???
ive decided to jus use my auto pedal, cut it and put a 5spd manual rubber pad over it so it will look factory
Old 10-18-09, 11:37 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet.... A few more of this and i'll be confident to do my own swap some day
Old 10-19-09, 08:28 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
Very nice write up so far pics are always good.lol im getting ready to do the exact same thing with my sc300...
the clutch pedal should still fit if u still have the automatic brake pedal instead of the manual brake pedal right???
ive decided to jus use my auto pedal, cut it and put a 5spd manual rubber pad over it so it will look factory
Yes it will fit, I did that last weekend to my friends S14. Just messure the clutch pedal without the cover on and make the same cuts on the brake pedal and it will look the same as mine

Masagsxr

This is a very easy DIY swap, so far I have done every thing by myself and taking my time. The down side is it is a very costly swap to do it right. Granted most of the parts I bought are used but, Supra and SC guys still want an arm and a leg for stuff they will never use again and the new stuff I have bought is top of the line, no adapter plates or knock off clutch components.

Bought to post up some exterior update pics. Volks, Lip and Toyota emblems are installed.

Quick Reply: SC400 W58 Install thread(Parts thread now progress thread in a few weeks)