Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ... 2JZ... Jay-Z ... huh?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-09, 10:56 AM
luxrysupra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
P.S. as for getting a 1uz, thats a joke. I hope.
I also hope that is a joke. If you want power and a v8 sound for cheap then a chevy 350 is the only option not to mention the availibility of parts. But if I was you id do the 2jz because i personally like it better than the 1jz.
Old 05-28-09, 11:17 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

while in the process of getting the parts for my na-t build, I had thought about scrapping the idea and just getting a GTE swap..when mentioned to another member here about just going GTE instead of na-t, I was told that all i would be getting for the higher cost is oil squirters and a GTE manifold..after some thinking, that member was right...just go na-t..if you have the stock auto trans, swap it out..I have 90% of the parts needed to go na-t and still have not spent $1k..all that I have left to get for my kit to be complete is a wastegate, and some vacuum lines, and misc bolts/hardware..

for the price you would be paying for a stock 2J-GTE, I will be single turbo with a GTE style intake, and much more..After lots and lots of reading and searching, and countless hours on club na-t, I have realized that for the cost of a GTE swap (2JGTE) I can build a kit and use the 2J thats is already in my car, and make the same if not more HP and not have to worry about the stock twins crapping on me, and I know the history of the engine that i have..

Just knowing the history of the engine is enough to keep me from ordering one unless I plan a FULL rebuild...

But if you want a V-8 sound, then go with an LS1..they are lightweight, make good power, very responsive to upgrades, and can be found very easily..

this is just my .02..
Old 05-29-09, 01:43 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was going 2jzgte when Dr Tweak told me 1000$ for the harness, I had an USDM gte no harness no Ecu no Tranny ,I stop it right there sold the Usdm gte .
I bought a 80k miles engine rebuild to to bottom.
Spent about 1800$ in parts and getting the engine rebuild.
i was getting ready to buy the BL around 4000$ and then i needed injectors and AEM.
I told my self no.
I went ahaead for the 1J.
If i would went 1J from the begining i car would been on the road.
I love the 2JZ but couldnt find anything locally ,i drove to NJ to pick up a 2J by the time i got there it was sold ,and i decided not to come home empty handed after 4 hrs drive one way .
Go with 1Jz aesy and simple, just make sure i came off a Soarer and u good.