Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1/2/3UZFE Engine Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-18, 01:37 PM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1/2/3UZFE Engine Performance Mods

Stock in form the UZ pre 95/96 is capable of making and taking around 700whp. A lot of people do not know this. But, most still are wary of making that type of power on a stock block.
My reason for starting this thread is because I feel there are a lot out there that do not know the UZ has a decent amount of support. I am going to list a few places and companies that I know make parts for the UZ.
Some of these may go directly to a seller of the product. Lextreme and TTC are not valid. Also if you know of any other performance shops that make these parts feel free to share them. Also I will not be listing specific FI parts such as Eaton or Whipple. But, will list the manifold manufactures. This also will not be the Intake and Exhaust kinda post we know about those. This is just an off the top of my head list that I wanted to post. UZ can be found in the junkyard for cheap.

Rods: All UZ Rods are the same length
Pauter
Crower
Eagle
Carillo
Argo (Aus)

Pistons:
Ross (1UZ)
JE Pistons (1/2/3UZ)
CP Pistons (1/2/3UZ)

Camshafts:
Kelford Cams (1UZ non-vvti only)
DDTech (Custom Ground)

Headers:
OBX (Cheap)
PPE

PNP Harness:
Boomslang (AEM Products but can make custom)

Bearings:
Clevite
ACL

Fasteners:
ARP (Do not call ARP and ask. Will update with specifics)

Motor/Trans Mounts:
Megan Racing
Xcessive Manufacturing https://xcessivemanufacturing.com/

Supercharger Intake/Brackets:
BulletCars (Manifolds, Pulleys etc) (VVTI and Non-VVTI)
XAT Racing (Vortech V1, V2, and V3; ProCharger P1SC and D1SC.)

Vendors:
XatRacing.com
SupraStore
BulletCars

Feel free to add to this list so that others will know about it.

Last edited by Jacj3; 01-25-18 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-25-18, 06:42 PM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kitabel
Stock in form the UZ pre 95/96 is capable of making and taking around 700whp
By "stock" I assume you're referring to the block, crank, main bearings? Those parts (and the rods, bearings, fasteners) don't make any power, they either break or they don't.
Other than boost or nitrous, what will produce 700 hp?
Yes if I have to be specific as to what I mean. I mean the in the block rotating assembly. No these parts do not make power individual to themselves. Just like a turbo/supercharger doesn’t make horse power alone.

The reason for this thread being started was to list support mods for the 1uz. I ask that you not please make post that seem like you are trying to troll. I left the forums originally because of reasons like that.

Last edited by Jacj3; 01-26-18 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-26-18, 07:48 AM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Will have to get into part details later on,
but being a V8 the UZ does benefit more from intake and exhaust mods.
I remember reading a article on the GS400 about that.
Old 01-29-18, 07:47 AM
Nycsupra
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must say coming from 2jz world, the support is pretty non-existent. Everything is custom.

Bulletcars $5,500 for supercharger kit? I'm sure they have created a great product, but really how many people will buy the kit?

Its either custom or super expensive hence why everyone leaves there motor as is. It's actually depressing.

Old 01-29-18, 09:19 AM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Nycsupra
hence why everyone leaves there motor as is..
What, where are you getting this information from? Anecdotal evidence does not count.
Old 01-30-18, 07:43 AM
Nycsupra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DrAtomica
What, where are you getting this information from? Anecdotal evidence does not count.
I have been on these pages for the last few days searching as much as possible because I would love to turbo or supercharge my sc400. Just from my research alone, there are only a handful of people supercharging/or going turbo (Swapping a 2jz does not count) All of them are custom made which can get expensive really quick. Not to mention to find a shop to do a good job is another part of the equation. I don't mind spending money, at the end of the day I just might go with the bulletcar supercharger because its a complete kit.

To the OP, my post was never to deflect what you have provided, I actually searched all the information you provided which was helpful. I just don't think anyone will be able to add to your list unfortunately.
Old 01-31-18, 04:37 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

most of the setups for the 1uz are custom. many have been waiting for reasonable kits for over a decade now and it hasn't happened and probably won't.
closest and easiest is the procharger setup that bolts to the front drivers side.

other than that if you want to go turbo you pretty much have to fabricate something.
The 1uz makes good power with forced induction (lots of people have done it), but due to the custom stuff the cost goes way up.
Old 02-01-18, 05:27 AM
Nycsupra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
most of the setups for the 1uz are custom. many have been waiting for reasonable kits for over a decade now and it hasn't happened and probably won't.
closest and easiest is the procharger setup that bolts to the front drivers side.

other than that if you want to go turbo you pretty much have to fabricate something.
The 1uz makes good power with forced induction (lots of people have done it), but due to the custom stuff the cost goes way up.
where can you get the procharger set up?
Old 02-05-18, 12:05 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

^^There are in fact brackets which is the most important part of the pro charger setup. none of us said the word kit anywhere.

There is no "kit", but the hardest part of the pro charger is the "fish" bracket. you can find them online a few different places sell them search for 1uz supercharger (or "fish) bracket.
once you have the bracket you need the supercharger unit, get that setup with the idler and the right belt, relocate the battery, move the fusebox over or relocate, and make intake piping and probably some type of diverter valve (oil lines also unless you get one of the units that is self contained which is what most use).

also a good idea would be to get rid of the stock hydro fan setup, use the ls400 fan clutch to delete that and run electric fans to gain alot of clearance in the front for piping.

As I said, its closest and easiest but not a straight bolt on kit (but everything does in fact bolt together you just have to source the bolts/parts), but the hardest part of designing the bracket and placement, is already done a long time ago (original design was from lextreme forums).
If you can't figure out bolting the bracket to the engine and lining things up etc.. then you should't be messing with the 1uzfe as everything takes more work.

most engine management wont be plug and play either, but the ecu for the early 1uz shares the same plug as the supra connector, so you can use some of the standalones for the 2jz cause they have the same plug, but you have to do a little rewiring and the programming/tunes are all custom to make it even run. its doable, but again... not plug and play like a 2jz.

after you look into all of that and the work involved, alot of people decide a 2jz is alot easier to get power out of and they are correct.
however, just cause its harder doesn't make it not as good.. some people like the challenge and a boosted 1uz can be a beast.
If there was a bolt on turbo kit alot more people would be doing it, no doubt about that cause they are strong engines and can handle a good amount of boost with the right supporting mods.

*edit*
here is a pic of it in this old for sale thread for an idea
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...arger-etc.html

Last edited by Ali SC3; 02-05-18 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-05-18, 01:47 PM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Not a bolt-on kit, but i read that someone in Aus did manage to work out a rear-mounted turbo setup for the SC400. Although i think i saw it on Lextreme (?), I couldn't find more info on it.
Old 02-28-18, 08:53 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably not an appropriate post but mine is for sale.

To add to this thread, in it's simplest form, a "supercharger kit" for an SC400 (vortech style) shouldn't really cost that much. You need a supercharger, a bracket, spacers between the bracket and engine, spacers in between the supercharger and the bracket, some well placed idler pulleys, a longer drive belt and some custom intake piping. Electric fan conversion, battery relocation and EGR delete probably also.

Keep the pulley big and the boost low and you can probably get away without much in the way of supporting mods. Be prepared to replace vacuum hoses that are old and cracked. Disable the no 4 transmission solenoid. Have some fun.
Attached Thumbnails 1/2/3UZFE Engine Performance Mods-img_1983.jpg   1/2/3UZFE Engine Performance Mods-img_1984.jpg