Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help from some experienced GTE owners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-08, 07:38 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help from some experienced GTE owners...

Ok, here's the situation. I have a GTE swapped SC. I'm still running stock twins, USDM 550's, full exhaust, HKS 4 row, and that's about it. I decided to take out the SAFC and put my AEM EMS in today. Well, the car doesn't run right. Before you say "go get it tuned" well, I already have a good bit of experience with AEM's and know that it's not the tune. The A/F is perfect, but what I'm having a problem with is a "misfire" of sorts. The car just breaks up like crazy. I swapped new plugs in and closed the gap to .025, replaced all the coils with BRAND NEW coils, replaced a few broken connectors on the coils, and even changed the ignitor out, but I'm still in the same boat. The AEM is working fine, and I've got a very tame timing map. The part throttle is fine, and that tuned great on the dyno, but the WOT is screwed. If I boost over 14psi, it just breaks up like crazy. It was doing this with the stock ecu in the car, but it would only give me problems when the weather got cold (when the boost went up). It seems to be boost sensitive, but I'm still not sure of what to do, or if anyone else has dealt with this. Any ideas?
Old 01-11-08, 07:50 PM
DJ420a
Pole Position

Im not a GTE owner....yet, but Ive ran into this same problem when I had my DSM. When I got to a certain PSI, I would just break up, spit and sputter.

My problem ended up being a clogged fuel filter. Maybe you want to check that and also if you have a sock on your fuel pump.

Good luck, hope you figure it out.
DJ
Old 01-11-08, 08:23 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

you will need an ignition amplifier like the HKS DLI.
Old 01-11-08, 09:15 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
you will need an ignition amplifier like the HKS DLI.
DLI for 18psi??? I've never had that happen to me on any other supra I've tuned.