Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Mass Produce GTE parts for SC... interests??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-07, 04:09 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass Produce GTE parts for SC... interests??

Im am not aware of any fmic kits or downpipes for SC's with 1Js or 2Js. Is there an interest in these? I am talking with someone about making a jig from my car and mass producing these.

1JZ 3 inch downpipes and midpipes for SC

1JZ FMIC kits complete.

There are the only things that come to mind right away for me. I wish I didnt have to one off fab these parts for my car. I would have much rather have saved some time and money and just buy a bolt on part.

Would anyone be interested?

and what else comes to mind?
Old 12-12-07, 04:51 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

manic tech racing makes a kit for 1js or 2js, single turbo or stock twins, I believe a couple other companies have them too. However I had a bad experience waiting on parts from mtr. IF there were mass production units it would be great especially state side ready to ship if you know what I mean. For My car I modified a tanabe cat delete supra 2j pipe (I have 1jz) to fit from my turbos to my exhaust all I did was swap flanges cut turn and added a extension and It fits factory.
Old 12-12-07, 05:31 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

GReddy, HKS, Blitz and ARC make intercooler kits for 1J motors.
Old 12-12-07, 05:48 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

didnt know about manic tech. just found their site and checked them out.

I am aware that some of the big companies such as HKS Greddy etc etc make intercooler kits. But im thinking about something thats under the 1000 plus price tag.

Im just thinking, with my sr20 240 there were parts everywhere. You could find a nice downpipe for a 100 bucks a nice fmic kits for around 400 bucks. I unfortunatly see the sc becomming the next 240. I know as of now there isnt anything this easy to get a hold of, unless I totally missed something when I did my car?

is there anything else people can think of that you cant buy or its hard to find when you have a swapped SC? All that came to mind for me was the FMIC and the downpipe.?? But maybe there are more simple solution out there that I wasnt aware of?

Last edited by yelloa3gti; 12-12-07 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-12-07, 08:25 PM
9secCivic
Driver

its always nice to have more options too.

some people like the look of custom stuff as opposed to mass produced china metal products.
Old 12-12-07, 08:38 PM
Rexn30
Pole Position

they sell 3 inch dp's for the 1jz in a sc300? One that doesn't have to be fab'd. I never found one, so I'd be interested in one.
Old 12-12-07, 10:38 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

It'd be nice for FMIC kits to be made by someone else besides the big brands They've got a few parts for the Soarer here in Australia made by local companies but not heaps of stuff.
Old 12-12-07, 11:25 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

just make/modify it yourself. its fun and you learn a lot. and you can brag to your friends that you make one-of-a-kind part

sometimes thats what i hate hearing from people that they are "tuners" and they "built" their cars. and the only answer i have is: "well you went online, ordered every bolt-on part for your car and put it on, a monkey can do that. you are not a tuner. you are a part replacer."

then again maybe my definition of "tuning" is different then most people
Old 12-13-07, 05:18 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd like this idea because it would be nice to know i have the option to buy the stuff, i'm not too sure how likely i would be to buy it though because i like doing stuff myself because of the opportunity to learn while i'm doing it.
Old 12-13-07, 06:11 AM
9secCivic
Driver

sometimes its pretty impractical for somebody to buy a $4,000 dollar tig welder, and spend months and months of learning how to weld just so they can tig weld an aluminum charge pipe kit.

im all about doing stuff yourself, and learning...but ive seen a lot of "do it yourself" welds that make me want to throw up. to some people spending a few bucks on something thats nice and makes the install easier is worth it. not to mention a lot of people are trying to knock out swaps and stuff over a weekend because its how they get to work on monday.....so learning how to fabricate on top of everything else is easier said than done.

when i think of "tuning" i think of ECU calibrations, not fabrication

tuning is def. a term that can be thought of many many ways. same with "motorsports" lol
Old 12-13-07, 08:08 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a good idea, close to home manufacturer.
Old 12-13-07, 09:24 AM
thaimonkee
Lead Lap

I know drewgo has downpipes for the 2jzgte as well as his famous manifolds. Im not sure about a 1j downpipe though but im sure he does.
Old 12-13-07, 06:18 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ill have to agree on the whole do it yourself doesn't always fit right from very many experiences. I gave my input on my downpipe to see if it can serve as a possible baseline for producing something that can work. I'm also aware of soarer parts, but availability, pricing, shipping plays a role in wanting to develop an alternative.. I guess we must be a small crowd in the big picture.. I think I speak for everyone though when I say driving a turbo lex is better than your average joe out there with the dealer bought car.
Old 12-13-07, 07:40 PM
JDM_Soarer

When I was checking for stuff the HKS Supra DP has the same part number as for the Soarer :shrug:
Old 12-13-07, 08:49 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDM_Soarer
When I was checking for stuff the HKS Supra DP has the same part number as for the Soarer :shrug:
I dont see that working being that the supra is a 2J and the soarer a 1J. unless you talking about a mkIII supra 1J. And im almost positive a 1J supra DP doesnt fit the SC. unless im totally missing something

Quick Reply: Mass Produce GTE parts for SC... interests??