Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Custom Exhaust, need help to build!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-07, 07:31 AM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Exhaust, need help to build!!

So i decided to build my own exhaust, I thought to myslef 3" all the way just to simplify things.

This is what i decided to get so far,
- 4 flanges, one to connect to the down pipe, 2 for the test pipe, and the last one for the cat back exhaust split to dual exhausts.
- exhaust piping (I dont know the lengths but once I drop my old exhaust I will measure)
- Mufflers already got, Magnaflows (thanks ippyness)
- Mandrel Bends (dont know what I need yet)

I will try to take pix, but any ideas would help and save me money from getting the wrong stuff)
Old 11-11-07, 05:50 PM
Tryk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have a good plan. I went 3.5" all the way to the back axle, then split into dual 3" through magnaflow race series muffs..but the 3.5" is a wierd size and was hard to find flanges/flexpipe to match up. It was very time consuming fabricating the exhaust with the car on jackstands, but it was well worth it because I wanted to make sure to keep the dual look at the back and it sounds wicked. Here are a couple pics of my setup

BTW where in Canada are you? I am in Saskatoon, SK. I also own a 92 SC300 and a 93 ES300. hahaha thats kind of funny
Old 11-11-07, 10:16 PM
TurboLexra
Driver School Candidate

What tips are those? I am having a horrible time finding 3" inlet tips for my setup! I currently have a 4" DP -> Dual 3" Magnaflows, with some polished 3" pipe coming out of each muffler (place-holders until I can find some tips that aren't 8" long, as it seems all 3" inlet tips are 8" long).
Old 11-11-07, 10:31 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tryk:

I actaully live in Windsor Ontario down south in Ontario. loool

I like your setup, so what type of piping did you use stainless steel? Did you get them from your local muffler shop or you ordered online?

I see that you fabricated your own split to the 2 exhausts, but what where the lenghths of piping used. I already got the 3" flex pipe, and mufflers now the in-betweens...lool

Old 11-12-07, 08:32 AM
Tryk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shlounek
Tryk:

I actaully live in Windsor Ontario down south in Ontario. loool

I like your setup, so what type of piping did you use stainless steel? Did you get them from your local muffler shop or you ordered online?

I see that you fabricated your own split to the 2 exhausts, but what where the lenghths of piping used. I already got the 3" flex pipe, and mufflers now the in-betweens...lool

No I just used mild steel exhaust piping, stainless is not easy to come by here. I started with this pile of piping... haha

You can see 10' of 3.5" piping(that is the length they sell in straight pipe at my local parts store), also x2 3.5" 90 degree mandrels used for the downpipe. You can see the 2 180degree 3" mandrels, and I bought one more as well to finish up the exhaust at the rear. the 2.5" mandrels in the back were used for my intercooler piping.

Either way if you are going to custom make your exhaust like I did, you can always return parts that you dont use!
Old 11-12-07, 09:19 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

i bought a magnaflow y splitter so i dont have to fabricate on myself. 30 bucks shipped, dont have to worry about the shop not wanting to do it.
and they come in all inlet and outlet sizes, well most of them.
3.5 is pretty extreme. a nice single 3" to dual 2.5" would be nice.
im going stock single to dual 2.5" until it gets boosted then 3" to 2X2.5"
Old 11-27-07, 08:26 AM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm doing a 4" V into dual 3" and 3" piping all the way to the mufflers.

Does Magnaflow offer 3.5" inlet mufflers if so whats the part numbers?

I was going to go with the #14828 mufflers at $95.18 per muffler w/free shipping anyone got a better price?

Tryk: What part number are your mufflers?

-v

Last edited by vntperform; 11-27-07 at 08:48 AM.