Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

No IGT 2 signal from ECU?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-07, 06:54 PM
ekimmel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No IGT 2 signal from ECU?

Ok, Newbie here with a very frustrating tech question sure to rack anyone’s brain. I have a no spark scenario in my 92’ SC400 that is driving me nuts and have tried just about everything .
Replaced crank/cam sensors/coils/igniters/ECU reman as well , just because the car has 170k on it, and the wiring was dry and cracked near the connectors of the cam and crank sensors, so I figured what the heck? Plus I planned on keeping the car for a while and ecu/cel was acting erratic, so I said why not?
Got car back together and no spark occurring in right side? Mind you, I just replaced the coils as well. Left side works fine. Come to find out I have absolutely no signal from ECU terminal “IGT 2” which, according to Lexus manual, should be no more than 1.0 v . Certainly, this would explain no spark, but I just cannot fathom the possibility of the ecu being a malfunction considering it came from a reputable ecu remanufacture. I can most likely get an exchange but after this whole ordeal, I just do not want to believe the ecu is the only contributor. I thought maybe a short somewhere but I checked everything from igniters to open circuit in main relay …checked and troubleshot absolutely everything according to Lexus manual, and its all coming down to no signal from the IGT 2 output. I have spent countless hours trying to diagnose and am at my wits end.

My question is: does anyone out there know if there is any other components I may be missing that would cause no “IGT 2 output”(signal to right igniter) from ecu? If not, can anyone tell me if it is possible to piggyback off IGT 1 signal for worst case scenario, just to get it running?
Old 05-21-07, 07:07 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

moved to proper forum.