Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharged SC400 nasman

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 08:13 PM
nasman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged SC400 nasman

Hi there folks, I just want to ask if anyone has completed a supercharge upgrade to the sc400. I see people talk about it but has anyone completed the transformation yet? I did research on the project, and have decided to go all out and really put the car together, that would make all sc400 lovers, love them even more. Just picked up my supercharger M90, and in the process of ordering the manifold. I dont drive the car much each year i maybe put on it 1000 -1200 KM, "Matilda" is always parked under a tarp. My goal with the car is to, push it to the limit. The upgrades will be as follow,

MATILDA'S MAKEOVER

**M90 Supercharger
**550 cc fuel injectors
**headers
**shift kit and torq convertor or V160 swap,,, Still looking to find a 6 speed " any help"
**coil over shocks
**supra ignition
**high volume oil pump and custom 8 LT oil pan
**upgraded fuel pump
**Supra brake system
**20" wheels
**lambo doors
**DVD surround sound/ GPS
**Performance pistons/rods/crank and hpoefully i can find alumin heads "any help"
**and all sort of misc items that are way too many to list

Final goal is to have a street car that can eat up our local lambos, ferr, Vipers, vetts and the UGLY Mustangs.

So iwill keep u all posted as to the progress, it is along term project, for time reasons. any help or suggestions would be great. keep Rocking and Look for MATILDA
Old 02-11-07, 09:21 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Drop the 20"s, go with 18"s, Dont do Lambo (looks really rice on an SC), and instead of Supra Brakes, do LS400 brakes, which are lighter. Otherwise GL with the conversion.
Old 02-11-07, 10:00 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

if your looking for supra brakes, id also suggest the ls400 brakes also as stated above. kill the lambo doors idea, but if you like it keep on it !
fuel pump id suggest possibly a walboro or duals with upgraded lines to keep the volume going to your ride. honestly on the 20" idea, im running 19's and have rubbing issues, so i wouldnt exactly suggest it. if you need a v160 register to the supra forums and you will find what your looking for.

good luck ! and use the search button a bit more to find some more info !
Old 02-12-07, 07:15 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck on your project!

But isn't "Super-Charged SC400" combined with "20-inch rims and lambo doors" an oxymoron.
Old 02-12-07, 09:56 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Since you are going all out...Remember that you will need to add engine management of some type, and since you are adding 550cc injectors, you will be adding much more fuel, therefore I assume you will be running more than 5 lbs of boost? If so, you will need to figure out how you will cool the air, and what type of intercooler set up you want.

Whose manifold are you using for the supercharger? Also, strongly suggest you add the S&S headers...

Ryan
Old 02-12-07, 07:05 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

You already have aluminum heads.
Old 02-12-07, 07:17 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

www.car-part.com you will easily find a v160 there. Rebuilds are not too hard to find, not as cheap as used but alot cheaper than new.
Old 02-12-07, 08:00 PM
nasman
Driver School Candidate

Question

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Since you are going all out...Remember that you will need to add engine management of some type, and since you are adding 550cc injectors, you will be adding much more fuel, therefore I assume you will be running more than 5 lbs of boost? If so, you will need to figure out how you will cool the air, and what type of intercooler set up you want.

Whose manifold are you using for the supercharger? Also, strongly suggest you add the S&S headers...

Ryan
Ryan
thanks for your input, I need help in the engine mangmt we dont have people that are qualified to even answer questions, i asked the local toyota dealer they looked at me i had 2 heads.

also the manifold is made by Richwood technology
Old 02-12-07, 08:06 PM
nasman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Good luck on your project!

But isn't "Super-Charged SC400" combined with "20-inch rims and lambo doors" an oxymoron.

I respect your opinion, but I dont understand the oxymoron comment!!!!

I am like the Farmer who said, "Iam not greedy, i just want the land that is next to MINE"
Old 02-12-07, 08:10 PM
nasman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Drop the 20"s, go with 18"s, Dont do Lambo (looks really rice on an SC), and instead of Supra Brakes, do LS400 brakes, which are lighter. Otherwise GL with the conversion.
Hi there

do u know the year of the LS 400
Old 02-12-07, 09:24 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nasman
Ryan
thanks for your input, I need help in the engine mangmt we dont have people that are qualified to even answer questions, i asked the local toyota dealer they looked at me i had 2 heads.

also the manifold is made by Richwood technology
You will need at least a SAFC to tune it...I hear the guys in Aussie are using the UniChip to tune it. Perhaps they already have a wiring herness built for it, that would make things easier to install.

If you intercool, and you select the one that fits between the charger and the intake, you will need to modify your bonnet to fit it.

I believe I have read up on Richwood...they are out of Aussie as well, aren't they? If so, is it a kit? Do they provide for the EGR, and all the rest of the emissions, or do you plan to remove the emissions?

Ryan
Old 02-12-07, 09:31 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

What about lowering the compression, and forged bottom end. That is if all out means the same to me as it does you.
Old 02-13-07, 10:33 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

I respect your opinion, but I dont understand the oxymoron comment!!!!

I am like the Farmer who said, "Iam not greedy, i just want the land that is next to MINE"

It's all good.

I was referring to your desire to create a car "that can eat up our local lambos, ferr, Vipers, vetts and the UGLY Mustangs.".

20" rims will only hurt your performance and far as racing the cars you mentioned, and adding scissor doors will only add weight as the brackets (on a quality kit) are substantial.

Just sounded as if you dream of a car with the best of all worlds which doesn't usually tend to be the end-result.

Either way, good luck with your project.
Old 02-13-07, 11:36 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi there

do u know the year of the LS 400
I'm not 100% sure, but i would ask Aliga (Gazi), because he has sold a few around here, so if anyone, he will definately know. GL with the project