Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

vacum hose question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-06, 11:55 AM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacum hose question

The question I have is on the heating control valve there are 4 spots for vacum lines, 3 in the front and one in the back. I was about to change the part out when I noticed that there is no vacuum line on the rear. I looked around for a hose that might have popped off and no luck, I cant find anything that is missing.
I also have no heat, although it blows at different speeds it just never gets hot. I have looked through the threads and I didnt find anything useful. I think the unit is getting propper vacuum so its not allowing it to open, I could be wrong but I figured to start with the obvious first and figure out where the hose goes.
Old 12-09-06, 09:21 PM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

Default this is simple plz help

okay guy's any one of you can do this if you feel like it, if you can I would appreciate a pic or two. I would take some of what I mean but my digi cam just broke today.

If you are looking at your car, in the engine, look to the left by the fire wall...you will see the valve I'm speeking of, it kind of resembles a 1g bov. If that doesnt help then look all the way to the left in the upper left corner you will see a resivior tank with two vacuum lines attached to it with one that extends back over to the intake mani. follow that line from the resivior that is running over to the right to your intake, follow that for about 3-4 inches and you will see the heater control valve.
There are three vacuum lines in the front, if you like directly up from them there is an electrical clip and on the back side of that clip there is another vacuum line nipple, I need to know where that vacuum line runs to so I can put another one on b/c it is missing on my car. Thanks for any and all help.
Old 12-09-06, 09:36 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

This is all I could find on Heater/Cores dont know if it will help you.

Old 12-10-06, 07:54 AM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

no, but thanks anyway....that is a nice diagram to have though. I guess I will attempt to take pictures so that people may understand that I'm asking for the origin of a vacuum line and they might be more inclined to walk 10ft to their car, take a look and type. Doubt it but its worth a try.
Old 12-10-06, 12:34 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

I would take pictures and circle what your talking about, or look at my motor and circle it.

Old 12-10-06, 09:09 PM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

Originally Posted by neurocity
I would take pictures and circle what your talking about, or look at my motor and circle it.

I will have to try from work tomorrow, I dont have any picture editing options on my computer. Thanks for the pic though....its perfect.....if you look in the top left corner at your engine you can see the resivior tank...now go about an inch to the right and you have the hcv, on the back right side there is a vacuum line coming off of it, I can kind of see it in your pick, it comes off and looks like it runs to the right. That is the line I'm missing, there is only one on the back side.
Old 12-11-06, 10:11 PM
sc3dreamz
Rookie