Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Will JDM 2JZGTE clear SC300 chasis?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-06, 11:07 AM
rooftop
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will JDM 2JZGTE clear SC300 chasis?

Hey, everyone i know this may sound like a stupid question but i need help...... I currently have a SC300 and i was hoping to put a aristo 2jzgte into the car, but the shop i took it to said that it will not fit. Now i know to make it fit you'll have to use the SC's motor mounts and tranny mounts, of which the shop did but they said that the turbo was hitting the firewall and that's why it won't fit.
Is this true?
will the turbos from a JDM 2JZGTE (aristo) hit the firewall of an SC300 on swap?
Will i need to swap out the JDM turbo setup for the US' to make it fit?

I know that the 2JZGTE can't fit into the SC300 chasis because i'e seen a few of them on the net. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP. thanks.
Old 09-03-06, 02:01 PM
Durrr
Lead Lap

I know this is a problem in the MA70 supra chassis, but I have not heard of it being an issue in the JZZ30. Maybe someone else can chime in? (i'm still a MKIII owner learning hehe)
Old 09-03-06, 02:04 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The turbos might be a problem, but from what I understand, no. The big issue is the oil pan. it's a front pan on the Aristo, and a rear pan on the SC. you can use your GE pan and tap the oil return.

If the turbos hit, then replace them with the MKIV Supra snails... they're steel bladed anyways, so you'll be able to run higher boost without popping those suckers.

Again, from what I've heard, the turbos fit, but the intercooler tubing is a little tricky (a tight bend at the Y-pipe post turbo, hotside)
Old 09-03-06, 05:46 PM
rooftop
Driver

Thanks for the response guys, i did some more research and like you guys said.... the main issues are the oil pan (which is already done) and the wiring harness needs to be extended(which also is done). I think they are trying to get me to buy a single kit from them.....again thanks for the help.