Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Swap opinions, swap veterans welcome

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-06, 03:28 PM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap opinions, swap veterans welcome

Sup everybody,
I just wanted some advice from per my situation. 92 Sc300 auto. Around 163k. Not in to bad of condition just minor maintinence(could be a typo) but I was wondering what some of you would do given the situation. There is definitely some maintinence to be done before she is ready for boost. Tranny will last but not when boosted and I dont really think the engine would make it through boost to tell you the truth. My thoughts was to pick up a 1jz because they are fairly inexpensive and just pretty much leave it alone while I build the NA-T or possibly cross over to the TT swap. I know it sounds like allot of backtracking but the thing is, it is my daily. I have the time to do a swap, so that isnt the problem, as well as manpower and resources. Its just the way she sits now, she needs work. The A/C doesnt work, heater doesnt work, passenger window just went out, water pump leaks, radiator cracked and she has fairly high miles.
I have the window parts coming, the water pump is coming, radiator is on order but the rest of the general maintinence is on hold. Now I'm trying to decide if I should just keep progressing with maintinence or go ahead and do the swap. The 1JZ wouldnt take me anytime as far as finances are concerned, the TT swap might take an additional month or two to save up for.
Any and all advice with your experiences is appriciated. Yes I know swaps are covered like McDonalds with over 1 billion topics but I just wanted to see what you guys would do given my situation. Thanks