Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz neutral bypass

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-06, 05:04 AM
bigdaddyrobb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz neutral bypass

Last thing,

Where, what do I need to do in order to get the neutral bypass. I tried using the black and black with white stripe on the unused tranny plug but it did nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 05-25-06, 08:17 AM
bigdaddyrobb
Pole Position

Bump

Anyone.....Chino.....Bean........

I hate having to ghetto start it under the hood. I tried to figure it out myself but I am not a mechanic and doing the swap was the most I have ever done on a car besides change the oil.
Old 05-25-06, 12:33 PM
kaosman
Driver

This worked for my '95 5-speed SC300 when I did the 1JZ swap...

Find the 8-pin connector right next to the battery...you'll probably have to take the battery out. It will be mounted on the side of the black relay box. There will be two connectors here - the connector we want to splice in to, and another connector with 2 or 3 large wires. Leave that one alone.

On that 8-pin connector, find the black wire. This is the "signal" wire for the starter relay. Cut the black wire, leaving enough room on the CONNECTOR (part going into the box) side to splice a wire in. Either crimp it or solder it - I'd recommend soldering - and extend this wire through the firewall and down near the ECU.

Now you need to find the 1JZ "CF1" connector. It is one of the gray BODY connectors. A picture of it is here. You need to put a pin in position 8, this is the stock 5-speed starter relay activation pin. What I did was take a pin from my old 2JZ-GE harness, solder it onto my new starter wire, and push it in position 8 of the CF1 connector. Then my car started exactly as it did before the swap.