Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Question on 1UZFE cams

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-06, 08:31 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex
Sure. I see what your saying.

How do most progressive controllers work these days? Do they click the selenoids on and off extremely fast at first, and slow down clicking, until they're finally on constantly?

I've seen boxes that allow the selenoids to open only after a set rpm but I've never used one. I used a WOT switch with mine and an arm/disarm switch. I'd click that switch after I hit 2500 rpm in 1st gear and use it solid for the rest of the run. Nitrous at low RPM hits soooo hard but it's sketch on cast pistons and stock rings IMO.

I wish I had traction problems. I need to get my TC installed.
You are better off asking the manufacturers themselves about how the the controllers really work. I am not 100% sure so I'd rather fault on the side of safety than to make something up or be wrong.

However, a quick glimpse at the Nos and Nitrous Express sites shows that these controllers have come a long way from simple RPM and WOT switches.
Old 07-28-06, 10:38 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verylost
The first thing you usually offer is bad advice. Remember the torque converter advice you offered to the guy with the nitrous. If he were stupid enough to listen to you, you would have cost him at least $500 and made his quarter mile times worse.

I don't care about the crap you post in other forums, but I do care what you post here. You consistently mislead people with your advice here which will end up costing members money and making their cars worse.
Whenever you post crap, I will always be here to correct it.
Verylost, I do remember giving that advice...I also remember not knowing he was running an open end differential, and stock tires.... We worked it out later on in that thread.(it was a misunderstanding and not bad advice)..Is that the best you can come up with Verylost? WOW, you are really out to get me...First of all, I offer my honest advise to anyone whom asks, that is the purpose of the forums, and if I am not sure of what advice to give I will not give it......As far as NOS goes I would still recommend a torque converter upgrade like the Dragon Torque Converter without a progressive nos shot.. In my car that currently runs nos without a progressive nos shot and a dragon torque converter, my launches are fantastic when the nos is timely activated from experience. I have my car running and gripping just fine with both Verylost.......

When I am thinking about it I still recommend the Dragon Torque Converter to the guy with the stock rims and non LSD with traction problems...Why because he can still time the nos activation, and when he is not running the nos which is most of time the car will be more responsive, faster 0-30mph, fun to drive, etc...

Verylost I know exactly what I am talking about, and when I offer advise it is usually coming from hands on experience... Do you have a nos system and or a Dragon Torque Converter on your car? I don't think so, and I really don't think I need to defend myself amy further... I NEVER OFFER BAD ADVICE ON PURPOSE...NEVER.....If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it and appologise....

What can you offer VERYLOST from experience that is productive? I am done with you and if it makes you feel good to try and continue to discredti me, knock yourself out, and have a good time doing it I don't care......I think readers can see you are trying to start something and being a complete jerk..... I challenge you to link up a thread showing my continued fiction as you claim, besides my first post ever to this forum which everyone has already seen....... I still don't know what I did to you to make you go off like this...Crazy.... Take your redeline and or prosac to control that hatred of yours.....I told you it's not good for your health...

FOR THE RECORD WHICH YOU CALL FICTION -

For everyone reading the Dragon Torque converter is a great mod and I recommend it as the first mod to consider when moding a Lexus SC400 from stock on any automatic transmission...NOS or no NOS you can't go wrong with DTC.....If you have traction troubles get an LSD, coilovers, and wide rear tires and you will be fine....

Also, The APEXI piggy back unit as far as my experiences go are not favorable...Also it is kind of a dead end mod when you need timing changes made from certain engine mods......I RECOMMEND A DIFFERENT brand of piggy-back ECU to use on your SC400's...

I will stick to my guns VERYLOST and I believe my claims are not fiction, and I also believe I have more experience with the mods we are currently talking about then you do....These mods have been in my car for almost two years and I should know exactly what I am talking about.....

Last edited by jibbby; 07-28-06 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-28-06, 10:49 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Jibby please check site suggestions for the new rule Thanks.