Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Update Update On 1jz Swap...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 11:04 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update Update On 1jz Swap...DROVE IT FINALLY!!! HELP needed

alright guys..finished fabbin up the fmic and piping..tomorrow gonna fab up the intake piping ...and full exhaust system...

but yea..CAR WAS FINALLY STARTED TODAY AND IT STARTED ON FIRST TRY!!! idles abit high prolly coz of vacuum leak somewhere...but as long as it runs...just needs fine tuning is no big deal..

water temp gauge seems to work but i need to get that tach working..if anything, ill just get an safc or something. still got alot to do...but the hard stuff is done with...im so happy...ill keep u guys updated tomorrow after i drive it..and ill post pics...

oh ya..i know u guys have starting problem with this swap..for now i guess ill be starting the car from the hood until i figure it out...or come up with something. all good tho. IT RUNS IT RUNS..SOUNDS SOO GOOD!!

Last edited by happypanda; 04-23-06 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-23-06, 07:18 AM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Right on man!Its so nice to have it out of the way,Now comes the modding lol..
Old 04-23-06, 06:34 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

ok drove it finally...here are some issues that i noticed:

first it was overheating..temp gauge was going up...just needed air bubbles to be gone and filled it up with more water. seems fine now

had a power steering reservoir leaked....fixed that

needed to add atf...done that

then it was time for the drive...i really didnt drive it drive it or anything..just up and down the street very cautiously and checkin everything.

-the car feels no power...and very sluggish as if its restricted of moving or something.

-the tranny is weird..when i accelerate..its very slow and car feels like its struggling to move..and when let off the gas, the car is weird..idle goes erratic and it feels as if someone keeps hitting me in the rearend coz its like a push/stop/push feeling

-when checkin the gears shifting in the driveway...car's idle goes high and sometime stalls on P and N.

-idle still feels really high..i cant tell what it is but its high coz its as if being revved a bit

-i have 4-5qts of oil in there and the oil dipstick still reads very low. i did dropped the pan for new gasket so not sure if that has anything to do with that. and if it needs more oil...

ANY IDEAS? SUGGESTIONS? ILL GO WORK ON IT AGAIN TOMORROW AND HOPE YOUR SUGGESTIONS HELPS WITH SOME OF THESE PROBLEMS. I CANT WAIT TO REALLY DRIVE THIS THING WITH NO PROBLEMS..

Last edited by happypanda; 04-23-06 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-24-06, 03:51 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

anyone? car still feels like theres no power when accellerated...anyone can provide a pic of their 1jz swap and show the vac lines and mark where everything connects..i wanna see if i have it on wrong thats why it has no power..
Old 04-24-06, 10:22 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

ok bypassed the fuel ecu today. the car runs a bit better.. and i finally feel some sort of boost when pedal is really pressed to the floor. the car still needs work to get it running smooth, responsive, and boost like how it should be. any other ideas I can maybe do tomorrow that might help?
Old 05-13-06, 08:58 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

boost leak? u said u made ur own intercooler piping, check for leaks, i found 2 as soon as i started it up(used homeade leak tester thing, take a valve stem and jb weld it to an end of a pipe with one opening(put it in the closed side, then u put the open end in the pipe where the airfilter goes and clamp it down, now fill it with air like a tire and u will hear all the leaks(cuz the engines off) watch ur boost guage to see if its holding boost also.
Old 05-13-06, 09:27 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

this was old ..the car is running great and solid now..thanks for your input tho