Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dual/Triple Fuel Pump Hanger

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-05, 07:47 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual/Triple Fuel Pump Hanger

Do Dual/Triple Fuel Pump Hangers for Supras fit in our cars. I know in IS's I belive you have some cutting away. Does anyone make a hanger for us?

Thanks
Arizona
Old 10-26-05, 08:08 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No, they will not fit. the pumps sit differently in the tank, on a supra they drop striaght down, on an sc the plate is more on the side of the tank. Also, its a pretty tight fit into the "slosh tray" with only 2pumps, I'll probably be adding a 3rd over the winter, so I have to figure a way to get another in there.

Chris
Old 10-26-05, 08:26 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by quikturbo
No, they will not fit. the pumps sit differently in the tank, on a supra they drop striaght down, on an sc the plate is more on the side of the tank. Also, its a pretty tight fit into the "slosh tray" with only 2pumps, I'll probably be adding a 3rd over the winter, so I have to figure a way to get another in there.

Chris
So, how are yours exactly put in right now. Im going to be running 3 also but curious on how your is set up right now..
Old 10-26-05, 08:50 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one in the stock position, and a second hose clamped to that one, using insulator to keep from any electrical interference between the two. I have an additional bulkhead on the tank cover so I'm running true dual feed.
The problem with the mounting is the filter fitment/placement. It is tricky to configure how they sit, at you have limited space where the sit in the slock tray, they can really only go one way, facing towards the rear of the car.

If you are going to have 3 are you just adding a single bukhead and then a "y" in the tank to 2 of the pumps?

Chris
Old 10-26-05, 09:14 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

I have yet to take out the stock unit to fully evaluate it (busy with motor build) hence why I asked about hangers(yay another custom piece). As the motor is being done I will probably remove the tank to drain and clean it(car hasnt been driven in a year so the gas in there is prolly not perfect).

Whats your idea?