Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help Me... Im lost! Or just new to the family

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-05, 03:54 AM
jingles
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me... Im lost! Or just new to the family

Well this is tough, just got a SC400 and Im loving it. Well I was that is untill it wouldnt start. I have had it for like a month or so and everything has beed fine but for like the past week its has been acting up. kinda like the battery was dead or something, so i would get a jump and it fired right up. Also i had noticed that the little yellow light in the top left of the dash cluster came on from time to time (i think its the alternator) so i would let my car run for an extra few min before turning off the car if the light had been on while i was driving (charge the battery). Then Tonight I went out to dinner and then out to the car and it wouldnt start!! There was nothing, not even a clicking noise. Nothing had happened between the time i started it to go to dinner and leaving after dinner. So here i am mystified, I tried to jump it with NO response. Let it charge and still nothing, although all of my internal electronics appeared to be running fine. the only thing that i noticed before i left it was that the door locks did not work when i pressed the button, however they worked fine when i parked the car there..... Weird!!! But anyway I was hoping that someone here might be able to shed a little light on what might be up with my car or what i can do to get the car running so that i can avoid having to shell out an arm and a leg for a TOW because the car is far from my area.

Just a note i have loked through a few of the pages here before posting but didnt find anything that covered my situation so I figured why not ask.

Id like to thank any of you that help in advance and any advice or assistance will really make my day. Thank you!!!

--Mark
Old 01-20-05, 07:48 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the light looks like a bird cage or a little carousel(however you look at it) it is your radiator sensor