Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Loose vacuum hose???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-04, 09:50 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose vacuum hose???

I noticed the other day that there was something hanging below my car, roughly begind the fog light (97 SC300). When I check it out it turns out it was a vacuum hose, just dangling there. I opened up the hood and found it hanging just in front of the power steering pump. I followed it back as best I could and the furthest I could see was that is looks to go directly below the battery somewhere. I also noticed earlier in the week that in the coolent "holder", the cap to it has a vacuum hose that comes off the top of it which doesnt connect to anything either. What is the deal with these loose vacuum hoses, the one on top of the coolant can looks like it should be like that but the other one kinda scares me...
Old 10-22-04, 01:05 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Loose vacuum hose???

Originally posted by boobstar
I noticed the other day that there was something hanging below my car, roughly begind the fog light (97 SC300). When I check it out it turns out it was a vacuum hose, just dangling there. I opened up the hood and found it hanging just in front of the power steering pump. I followed it back as best I could and the furthest I could see was that is looks to go directly below the battery somewhere.
That's the drain hose coming off of your battery tray. Normal.

I also noticed earlier in the week that in the coolent "holder", the cap to it has a vacuum hose that comes off the top of it which doesnt connect to anything either. What is the deal with these loose vacuum hoses, the one on top of the coolant can looks like it should be like that but the other one kinda scares me...
That's the coolant overflow tank. The hose coming out of the cap and off to the passenger side is normal too.
Old 10-22-04, 06:55 AM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

excellent, thanks for the reply. would it be ok to trim the one from the battery tray down some or move it so that i cannot see it hanging under the car?
Old 10-22-04, 08:11 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by boobstar
excellent, thanks for the reply. would it be ok to trim the one from the battery tray down some or move it so that i cannot see it hanging under the car?
Yes,

Just as long as it is facing downward.

Peace,
Jonny