Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Buying in Seattle...price matching

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 06:24 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Buying in Seattle...price matching

ok, so I am going to buy a new dslr from Seattle just because the exchange rate is in our favor. All this time I have been researching, I have come up with two camera stores. Tall's and Kenmore.

I'm looking to buy new equipments (camera + lens + etc). Now the problem is one store sells a cheaper lens while the other sells a cheaper camera body. Obviously I can just buy at each at a different store, but I would rather save myself the hassle and just buy from one store.

I've also been looking at techdealsdigger.net for the best price nationwide. Can I use that information to price match with those stores in Seattle? Will the 2 stores match each other's prices?

Shipping will not be an option since I would like to inspect and play around with the camera before the purchase.
Old 10-21-09, 06:38 PM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you just have to have the ad from each store and ask. All they can say is 'no'.

good luck!
Old 10-21-09, 08:19 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will come up with some excuse on why they wont compare the internet pricings.

You can, but you wont be able to price match. One store will call the other to see. But most of the time, they will already know whats going on. Find Sales, thats the only way you will get a deal. Wait, its almost Xmas sale
Old 10-21-09, 09:09 PM
Kaydee

I don't think I can wait that long haha
Old 10-22-09, 08:54 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

glazers is also a good store in the downtown area.. i dunno how the prices would compare with what you have seen
Old 10-22-09, 10:42 AM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Which digital SLR are you looking to buy? It really depends, on which camera and lens you get. I have couple places that I usually get my camera gears if I don't get them straight from Japan or Taiwan. I know you don't want to have it shipped, but a couple online retailers are worth the shipping, because here in the WA state you will never get a better deal. It really just depends on what your looking for in terms of the camera and the type of lens and brand. PM me if you need help on this, I'll be happy to help.
Old 10-22-09, 12:03 PM
Kaydee

I'm looking to get a Nikon d90 with 18-200mm Nikkor

body: tall's=900, kenmore=820, best price=800
lense: talls= 750, kenmore=850, best price=720

the thing about shipping is that, I will not be buying warranty so I want to make sure that the item is legit and not defective. Plus there's not much of a price difference in best prices and some deals in Seattle.
Old 10-22-09, 04:08 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

I see what your looking for. But is that definitely the lens you want to get? What do you plan to shoot for when you take pictures?

First off, the price of the body is alright it should be within that range. But, when you look at it, if you buy the camera and lens at kenmore your total is 1670 without any negotiation. The tall's is a total of 1650 without negotiation. So you only have 20 bucks difference. Now assuming you are getting the best prices of both items at either places, your grand total will be 1520. Unless you know you really want the lens, and you know what you want to shoot with, I say just buy the body itself if you can get them to go really good on the price of the body. BUT, if you want the combination of a body and lens, and your not too sure on what you need to use for the lens, I say go for bundle packages at other places. If your afraid of buying at other online retailers or websites such as ebay because defect. I would suggest you look into costco. Although, they don't always have the best bundle packages of cameras or camera selection. The particular one you are looking at, the Nikon d90 is included with whole lot of items. It comes with the body, 18-105mm VR Image stabilized lens, lithium ion battery,charger, audio or video cables, usb cable, strap, LCD Monitor Cover, and the CD-Rom stuff that usually comes with Nikon cameras. They also supply bonus items such as the 70-300mm VR image Stabilized Zoom Lens(good for wide range of shots), a 2GB 150X speed memory card(should be sufficient, and speed fast to load onto your comp.) Here's the link there's too much to describe:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

This whole package is only 1,689.99, and that's including shipping and handling.

But, if you know that you want those, then you can try to talk them down on the pricing.
Old 10-22-09, 10:08 PM
Kaydee

yep that is the lens that I want, you got all the prices right . Well the lens is not for a specific type of photography, because I know I could do a lot better, I just need a great walkaround lens that can do it all relatively well.

I will probably go down this Sunday and talk to them about it, I'm sure they will let $100 slide rather than not getting a sale at all, but if they won't budge, then I could always shop elsewhere. I will also check that glacier store as well, I have one whole day anyway haha
Old 10-23-09, 10:34 AM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Cool, then that's a super good lens! If you play your cards right, you could probably get them to go at least $100 off each item. It's only like 12%ish. But for sure you can get more on the lens itself. I think the price range for the lens right now should be around 600-900ish range. But, you have to remember they get these at wholesale price or even lower. They will never lose on a deal. So cutting them down by their price by 10-15% is only a dime to them. Hope this helps, sorry for me blabbering. Good luck on the hunt!