NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Triple Beam Headlights default on f-Sport Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-15, 10:20 PM
skabei
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple Beam Headlights default on f-Sport Canada?

Hi everyone,

I'm located in Toronto, Canada. When shopping online for NX200T I can't find the option for the triple beam headlight. It shows in the pictures if I select either of the f-Sport packages though but even the official brochure does not list them as an additive feature that's apart of either f-Sport package.

Are these headlights included with every f-Sport in Canada?

*** EDIT ***
I couldn't find the exact information, but I found videos of the different packages on the youtube channel of Edmonton Lexus.
The Base and Premiums seem to come with the normal headlights but the other packages (Luxury, Executive, f-Sport1, f-Sport2) automatically come with the triple beam headlights. It's a little misleading because the website only shows those headlights when you have an f-Sport selected. In the list of additional features for each package, the Luxury, Executive, f-Sport1, and f-Sport2 come with three headlamp features:
-Auto Leveling Headlamp System
-LED Headlamps - High Beam
-Premium LED Headlamps
I don't know if those are the triple beam headlights.

I'll call a dealer tomorrow morning and confirm.

Last edited by skabei; 10-23-15 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-24-15, 02:40 AM
cripsy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skabei
Hi everyone,

I'm located in Toronto, Canada. When shopping online for NX200T I can't find the option for the triple beam headlight. It shows in the pictures if I select either of the f-Sport packages though but even the official brochure does not list them as an additive feature that's apart of either f-Sport package.

Are these headlights included with every f-Sport in Canada?

*** EDIT ***
I couldn't find the exact information, but I found videos of the different packages on the youtube channel of Edmonton Lexus.
The Base and Premiums seem to come with the normal headlights but the other packages (Luxury, Executive, f-Sport1, f-Sport2) automatically come with the triple beam headlights. It's a little misleading because the website only shows those headlights when you have an f-Sport selected. In the list of additional features for each package, the Luxury, Executive, f-Sport1, and f-Sport2 come with three headlamp features:
-Auto Leveling Headlamp System
-LED Headlamps - High Beam
-Premium LED Headlamps
I don't know if those are the triple beam headlights.

I'll call a dealer tomorrow morning and confirm.

If you are looking at a 2016, the triple LEDs are only available on the Fsport 2 and 3. Or the Executive/Luxury model.. In the 2015, they are on the Fsport 1, and 2. Below is from the Lexus Canada NX brochure...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/lexus.site.t...10232015020133

LED DESIGN THAT TRULY SHINES The distinctive L-shaped design expresses the Lexus signature in these LED headlamps, which are separated from the daytime running lamps. Dynamic tail lamp design seamlessly integrates bodylines at the back of the NX with signature L-shaped illumination. Also available in the Luxury, Executive, andF SPORT Series 2 and 3 packages are premium LED lights, which feature 3 L-shaped LED elements.

Old 10-24-15, 07:53 PM
skabei
Driver

I called my dealer today and he confirmed that only the Base and the Premium package in Canada have the normal headlights. All others (Luxury, Executive, f-Sport1, f-Sport2) have the triple beams.

I'm very glad that we get this by default on f-Sport in Canada as I would definitely be putting these on my car.
Old 10-25-15, 02:28 AM
cripsy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I called my dealer today and he confirmed that only the Base and the Premium package in Canada have the normal headlights. All others (Luxury, Executive, f-Sport1, f-Sport2) have the triple beams.

I'm very glad that we get this by default on f-Sport in Canada as I would definitely be putting these on my car.

So you are looking at the 2015 then?
Old 10-25-15, 05:41 PM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by cripsy
So you are looking at the 2015 then?
Yeah. I've actually already got the Canadian f-Sport. I'm picking it up next week. =D Can't wait.
Old 10-25-15, 08:53 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

You'll love the LED headlights. They are some of the best headlights I've ever had. The cutoff is super sharp and light is perfect temperature, IMO.
Old 10-27-15, 07:52 PM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by computerwi
You'll love the LED headlights. They are some of the best headlights I've ever had. The cutoff is super sharp and light is perfect temperature, IMO.
I just picked up the car and I love them. Very happy with the triple beam headlights.
Old 10-30-15, 07:44 PM
Motorworx
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up the car and I love them. Very happy with the triple beam headlights.

Yep. It's around $700 for the LED option here in Japan, even on the F-Sport. Just about every F-Sport sold gets this option. Look good, work good.
Old 10-30-15, 08:06 PM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by Motorworx
Yep. It's around $700 for the LED option here in Japan, even on the F-Sport. Just about every F-Sport sold gets this option. Look good, work good.
It doesn't come standard on the f-Sport in Japan either?
Here in Canada the f-Sport package is very expensive (10k) but it comes with the triple beam headlights, all the f-Sport cosmetics, navigation, and most of the sensors (all but lane departure).

Also.. the FWD version is not available in Canada, only AWD.
Old 11-02-15, 08:18 AM
ho52806
Driver School Candidate

Triple beam is awesome