IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

US vs CDN market headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 12:11 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts
Default US vs CDN market headlights

Is it me or did the US market get different headlight assemblies?

It appears that there is an extra light in the US model pictures..
Old 08-28-15, 12:28 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

There is two variants of the headlights.
Base model gets regular Projector
Loaded vehicles get the Dual LED projectors.

This is how US market is. Not sure how they do it in Canada.
Old 08-28-15, 12:55 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I have a 2015 250 Fsport AWD and I only have the one projector.

All the pics on the cdn lexus website only show one projector vs 2 on the US
Old 08-28-15, 01:00 PM
Machine13
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

There's another thread with this exact question in this forum if you can search for it, but, if my recollection serves me right, I believe the only model that gets the dual LED projectors are US bound F-Sport models. All US-bound non F-Sport models get the single halogen projector and all Canadian models F-Sport and non F-Sport got the single halogen projector. Why? I don't know.
Old 08-28-15, 01:09 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Machine13
There's another thread with this exact question in this forum if you can search for it, but, if my recollection serves me right, I believe the only model that gets the dual LED projectors are US bound F-Sport models. All US-bound non F-Sport models get the single halogen projector and all Canadian models F-Sport and non F-Sport got the single halogen projector. Why? I don't know.
In the US, the dual projector LED lights are standard on F Sport, and available as an option on the non F Sports.
Old 08-28-15, 08:58 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually for Canadian 3IS, the dual projectors are available in non- F Sport model with top package. ( it is called Executive Package). It is quite rare on the road.
Old 08-28-15, 11:10 PM
LeeJonah
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think 2014 gets one, and 2015 gets Two as standard.
Old 08-29-15, 09:55 AM
xray8181
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2016 they'll actually come standard LED headlights in canada

I personally like the single projector HID headlight better, only cause it fits into the bumper line better than the dual LED projectors
Old 08-29-15, 07:11 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xray8181
2016 they'll actually come standard LED headlights in canada

I personally like the single projector HID headlight better, only cause it fits into the bumper line better than the dual LED projectors
That's a great news to those who decide to go for 2016 3IS. Where did you hear the new from? Is it official?

For 3IS, I like the dual LED headlights better than the single HID headlight due to light output and light spread. The color of dual LED headlights is much better than stock HID headlights for 3IS. However, you upgrade the stock HID headlight with a good quality aftermarket HID with higher color temperature, the illumination on the road is great as well.

Of course, the newer "premium LED headlights" found in NX, RC/RC-F and the upcoming NX and facelifted GS look even better. I saw a NX with premium 3-eyed headlights in my back mirror the other night and the illumination on the road seems to be very good.

Last edited by AndyL; 08-30-15 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-30-15, 05:45 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

I believe AndyL is correct. In Canada, only the Executive package on the 350 AWD gets the LED headlamps which are the dual-projectors. There's no indication from the press-release that it has changed in 2016.

http://media.lexus.ca/releases/the-l...f-new-for-2016

The IS 350 AWD is available in three configurations, including two F SPORT Series models, as follows:

The Executive Package features: a 15-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound audio system, leather wrapped steering wheel, Pre-collision System, Lane Departure Alert, dynamic radar cruise control, and LED headlamps with automatic high beams
Old 08-30-15, 06:41 AM
Belex1
Driver School Candidate

I have a US 2014 IS 350 non-F sport and I have the dual projectors.
Old 08-30-15, 07:41 AM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Belex1
I have a US 2014 IS 350 non-F sport and I have the dual projectors.
+1
Old 08-30-15, 10:37 AM
xray8181
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AndyL
That's a great news to those who decide to go for 2016 3IS. Where did you hear the new from? Is it official?

For 3IS, I like the dual LED headlights better than the single HID headlight due to light output and light spread. The color of dual LED headlights is much better than stock HID headlights for 3IS. However, you upgrade the stock HID headlight with a good quality aftermarket HID with higher color temperature, the illumination on the road is great as well.

Of course, the newer "premium LED headlights" found in NX, RC/RC-F and the upcoming NX and facelifted GS look even better. I saw a NX with premium 3-eyed headlights in my back mirror the other night and the illumination on the road seems to be very good.

sorry its standard only on F-sport models for the LED headlights.

theres also a few small changes like deleting the headlight washers and adding auto reverse tilt side mirrors and auto wipers for F sport models
Old 08-30-15, 09:37 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xray8181
sorry its standard only on F-sport models for the LED headlights.

theres also a few small changes like deleting the headlight washers and adding auto reverse tilt side mirrors and auto wipers for F sport models
If that is the case for 2016 IS, it is still a good news to a lot of people who are looking to buy the vehicle because F-Sport IS is more popular anyway.

Together with revere auto-tilt and rain wipers, F-Sport IS is much more equipped now. I wouldn't have had such a tough choice to choose between F-Sport and regular IS. If Lexus Canada is bringing the park sensors to F-Sport, it is even better. I find the sensors in my regular IS useful.

If LED headlights are standard on F-Sport models, would automatic high beam be available to F-Sport models as well? This is another feature which I enjoy in my regular 3IS.
Old 08-31-15, 03:08 PM
xray8181
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AndyL
If that is the case for 2016 IS, it is still a good news to a lot of people who are looking to buy the vehicle because F-Sport IS is more popular anyway.

Together with revere auto-tilt and rain wipers, F-Sport IS is much more equipped now. I wouldn't have had such a tough choice to choose between F-Sport and regular IS. If Lexus Canada is bringing the park sensors to F-Sport, it is even better. I find the sensors in my regular IS useful.

If LED headlights are standard on F-Sport models, would automatic high beam be available to F-Sport models as well? This is another feature which I enjoy in my regular 3IS.
didnt say anything about auto high beams so im going to assume that it still wont be available for the F-sport.

I just bought a IS350 Fsport Series 3 and i just wish the f-sport came with power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory seats...

Quick Reply: US vs CDN market headlights