NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX F Sport after one week of ownership

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 06:35 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Default NX F Sport after one week of ownership

Just wanted to post after having the NX for a week now ! Time flies doesn't it !!
This has been the most fun experience ever with a new car, and I have had quite a few. While I have had Toyota's which have been great and trouble - free for the most part, the enjoyment of driving this new NX is just plain fun. It is the perfect size for me, drives and rides like a dream, and I can finally see the road well at night with the triple LED lights, not that I'm old and can't see LOL. It looks awesome at night !! The Highlander lights just weren't very bright ! The NX is a unique piece of art with it's lines, curves, massive front end and all the details with the exterior and interior. I have had many comments on the Rioja Red/black interior. I think it looks quite sharp.
So far with mixed driving, the average MPG is 24.9 which I'm very pleased. The stereo rocks ! I was concerned after reading some post that the seats would be uncomfortable in the F-Sport, but I find totally the opposite. They fit me perfectly, and I have actually had less back pain with this vehicle on a three hour trip than any other car that I have owned. I feel very special driving the NX as well, because right now in my area of VA, there has been only ONE that I have seen so far other than mine.
The fit and finish is Lexus superb. I find the ride pleasingly smooth and quiet. Easy to park, get in an out, and holds the road very well. I tend to use the normal driving mode most of the time for gas savings, however it is fun to use the sport mode, and find myself moving it over there quite a bit ! I have not had any issues with noise as a few have mentioned on Club Lexus. My F- Sport is mostly loaded. The only options I did not get are the pre collision, wireless charger , or the power back door. The tech features are awesome, and still learning about all of them.
This forum has been a great help before the purchase of the NX, and continues to be as well. So much great information found here !
For those of you waiting for this ride to make it to you, just know that it is one awesome ride that is worth the wait. For those of you like me that are experiencing it now, I hope you are enjoying this beautiful work of art ! Have a great weekend and happy driving !!

Last edited by RDLGX; 05-01-15 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-01-15, 07:15 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had my NX since Jan 28th and I echo all your sentiments. It even gets better. Never had a vehicle that I felt this connected with. I'm at 2,300 miles now and loving it more every day.
Old 05-01-15, 08:21 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GlenK
I've had my NX since Jan 28th and I echo all your sentiments. It even gets better. Never had a vehicle that I felt this connected with. I'm at 2,300 miles now and loving it more every day.
That is awesome news to hear ! Continue enjoying the ride GlenK !!
Old 05-01-15, 01:35 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Thanks Ronn1 for taking the time to write up your experience. I can read the passion and satisfaction in between the lines.

Like GlenK, I too echo your experiences and find the NX after four full months of ownership to be near or at the top of my list of best cars ever owned (among many).

I'm glad the F Sport seats are perfect for you as some of us (including myself) found them tight on the bum (and I'm normal height and build). However, I now love the seats as they've softened up not only due to usage but I suspect the warmer temps are contributing as well.

So many positives to list, but the best one for me is the head-turning styling. Today as a matter of fact, a guy in his car at a red light had his cell phone cam out his window recording me (NX) as I was taking a right turn passing by him.
Old 05-01-15, 02:55 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Thanks Ronn1 for taking the time to write up your experience. I can read the passion and satisfaction in between the lines.

Like GlenK, I too echo your experiences and find the NX after four full months of ownership to be near or at the top of my list of best cars ever owned (among many).

I'm glad the F Sport seats are perfect for you as some of us (including myself) found them tight on the bum (and I'm normal height and build). However, I now love the seats as they've softened up not only due to usage but I suspect the warmer temps are contributing as well.

So many positives to list, but the best one for me is the head-turning styling. Today as a matter of fact, a guy in his car at a red light had his cell phone cam out his window recording me (NX) as I was taking a right turn passing by him.
Perhaps we should all start an NX autograph session LOL !
Old 05-01-15, 07:11 PM
mwl7698
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so jealous! June cannot come soon enough! Congrats on the first week in your new ride.
Old 05-01-15, 07:27 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mwl7698
so jealous! June cannot come soon enough! Congrats on the first week in your new ride.
Thank you ! June will be here before you know it
Old 05-02-15, 06:27 AM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not soon enough!
And I may be waiting until July.

Until then, those of us waiting for our respective deliveries will have to live vicariously through those of you already enjoying the thrill of the NX!

Enjoy, and keep posting those updates and pics of your F Sports!

dCota
Old 05-06-15, 10:50 AM
bbear
Driver School Candidate

Congratz on your new ride!
So excited to get my NX by the end of the month
Old 05-06-15, 03:39 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dCota
Not soon enough!
And I may be waiting until July.

Until then, those of us waiting for our respective deliveries will have to live vicariously through those of you already enjoying the thrill of the NX!

Enjoy, and keep posting those updates and pics of your F Sports!

dCota
Old 05-06-15, 06:18 PM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Another gorgeous F Sport in Atomic Silver!
Old 05-07-15, 09:27 AM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

So awesome, I have he 300h and I love my NX. My MPG right now is 36.4 mostly highway and back roads not that much of city drive (average 60 mph). I'm very happy with my purchase and those head turns are so obvious.

My husband and I were driving the other day and we were on a busy road stuck in traffic for a while and every single person on the other lane would turn and stare, at one point my husband was like "wow people really are intrigued by this car, it's crazy how they look at it".
Old 05-08-15, 04:18 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xtino
So awesome, I have he 300h and I love my NX. My MPG right now is 36.4 mostly highway and back roads not that much of city drive (average 60 mph). I'm very happy with my purchase and those head turns are so obvious.

My husband and I were driving the other day and we were on a busy road stuck in traffic for a while and every single person on the other lane would turn and stare, at one point my husband was like "wow people really are intrigued by this car, it's crazy how they look at it".
It is crazy, and I have only seen one here in my area of VA, and it is non F Sport for sale as it was a leased vehicle. Maybe we should start autographs LOL
Old 05-08-15, 04:19 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Thank you dCota ! I love it !!
Old 05-08-15, 04:50 AM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ronn1
It is crazy, and I have only seen one here in my area of VA, and it is non F Sport for sale as it was a leased vehicle. Maybe we should start autographs LOL
LOL yeah. I think both F-Sport and Non Fsport look sweet. I wanted to have the F-Sport look (front fascia) on my 300h and keep the seats and everything else in the interior since the seats I have are super soft but that's impossible lol. Maybe later on I might try to retrofit the front fascia but I'm super pleased with what I have right now.