NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Fuel Gauge Gone + Total Average Fuel Economy stuck at 0

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-24, 01:51 PM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fuel Gauge Gone + Total Average Fuel Economy stuck at 0

Anyone know a fix to this? I tried clearing data and update to reset it like I would if I refueled my car, but it’s just stuck at 0.. My fuel gauge is also gone.

Last edited by tiLLIKS; 02-27-24 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-27-24, 02:07 PM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Originally Posted by tiLLIKS
Anyone know a fix to this? I tried clearing data and update to reset it like I would if I refueled my car, but it’s just stuck at 0..
just noticed that my fuel bar is not lit as well
Old 02-27-24, 06:32 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 514 Likes on 357 Posts

A picture would be helpful. Is your entire side screen of the dash display gone dark? I've heard of a couple of people having the issue where the side screens on the dash sometimes don't come on.
Old 02-27-24, 06:34 PM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Droid13
A picture would be helpful. Is your entire side screen of the dash display gone dark? I've heard of a couple of people having the issue where the side screens on the dash sometimes don't come on.
I’ll take a picture tomorrow before I go to work. But the right side of the dash display is dark. The headlight sign came on when it got darker as I drove home, but the fuel gauge was just blank. This, and my average fuel consumption doesn’t work as well. I tried the “update” to clear it from my trip information, but it just doesn’t work.
The following users liked this post:
Lexicon1 (02-28-24)
Old 02-27-24, 11:37 PM
Zlobix
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This happened to me twice on a Volkswagen Tiguan. The first time I went to the dealer, they took the money and fixed it. I asked the master, what did they do? He said they removed the battery terminal and put it back in a couple of minutes. The second time this happened to me, I myself disconnected the positive terminal of the battery and put it in reverse. Everything worked.
Try disconnecting the battery terminal for a couple of minutes and put it back, you will need a tool to unscrew the nut.
Old 02-28-24, 05:50 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 506 Likes on 327 Posts
Originally Posted by Zlobix
This happened to me twice on a Volkswagen Tiguan. The first time I went to the dealer, they took the money and fixed it. I asked the master, what did they do? He said they removed the battery terminal and put it back in a couple of minutes. The second time this happened to me, I myself disconnected the positive terminal of the battery and put it in reverse. Everything worked.
Try disconnecting the battery terminal for a couple of minutes and put it back, you will need a tool to unscrew the nut.
Sorry OP is having a problem; does not sound good, What you have described is a "hard reboot" First, I would try a :soft reboot" of the audio system,

Soft reboot:
Turn off the car: Before you begin, turn off your car to ensure safety.
  1. Locate the RESET button: Find the reset button on your Lexus radio (The volume button) .
  2. Press and hold RESET: Press the RESET button and hold it down about five seconds. You should see the word “RESET” appear on your Lexus radio’s display screen.
  3. Release RESET: After holding the button for five seconds, release it. The Lexus radio will automatically reboot, which may take a few seconds.
  4. Turn the car back on: Once the radio has rebooted, turn your car back on. Your NX radio should now be functioning correctly.
  5. This might or might not fix your specific problem. You still may need to take into your Lexus dealer.
Good luck

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 02-29-24, 06:44 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 514 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlobix
I had to do the same thing on a Subaru. Tried reset, tried fuses, finally just disconnected and reconnected the battery cable and it worked.

For the OP, doing the resets like Midcow and others may suggest is certainly a good starting step, but I am not confident that reset actually restarts the hardware responsible for the dash screen, since (in my case), the one time I did have to reset my radio screen, it did not affect the operation of the dash screen. Disconnecting the battery may have other consequences (you may need to calibrate windows and sunroof buttons which isn't too hard, or force other relearning of functions), but at least it guarantees your electronics are truly restarted. So much electronics these days are "always on" even when appearing to be off. Your standard reset typically resets the state of the software, but if there is a glitch with the hardware a reset might reload the software but not clear any hardware inconsistencies.

Old 03-02-24, 05:44 AM
Tinkertech
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

If you go the 'hard' reboot route always disconnect the neg (-) battery cable first, never the pos (+).
Then push and hold the brake peddle for ~ 1 minute to help drain off all the residual voltage in the modules. The air bag modules will need ~5 - 10 minutes to drain down because they have a blocking diode to keep them powered up in a wreck if the battery is disconnected. ( no need to hold the brake peddle for this part ).