Advice on rims for 19 NX300 F-Sport 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-19, 11:44 AM
MM64
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on rims for 19 NX300 F-Sport 2

Hi Eveyone,

I am shopping around for a winter set of rims and tires for my 2019 Lexus NX300 (F-Sport 2) Black. Looking for an OEM look to it, and the Replika R224 Gloss Gunmetal (looks like it's either the IS or the RX replica) had caught my eyes, but I can't find a vehicle configurator online that would show me how it would look on my vehicle?

Anyone have any advice on which site would have this configurator with this brand of rims?
Also, any other recommendations on what would look nice (with the OEM feel) on my vehicle... not looking to break the bank - so sticking with the 18" route with a darker/gunmetal colour.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-19, 05:54 AM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

maybe can find oem rims on ebay from someone who upgraded
Old 08-29-19, 06:09 AM
ACP84
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Torii
maybe can find oem rims on ebay from someone who upgraded
Originally Posted by MM64
Hi Eveyone,

I am shopping around for a winter set of rims and tires for my 2019 Lexus NX300 (F-Sport 2) Black. Looking for an OEM look to it, and the Replika R224 Gloss Gunmetal (looks like it's either the IS or the RX replica) had caught my eyes, but I can't find a vehicle configurator online that would show me how it would look on my vehicle?

Anyone have any advice on which site would have this configurator with this brand of rims?
Also, any other recommendations on what would look nice (with the OEM feel) on my vehicle... not looking to break the bank - so sticking with the 18" route with a darker/gunmetal colour.

Thanks!
Im also looking at buying a set of winter rims but its looking like OEM might be too expensive even used....Those Replika R224 are nice and could be an option. Does anyone know why sits are recommending a wheel installation kit like this? Cant I just used the same lug nuts thats currently on my oem rims?

https://www.1010tires.com/Accessorie...(Nuts)/INSTNUT
Old 08-29-19, 06:14 AM
MM64
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ACP84
Im also looking at buying a set of winter rims but its looking like OEM might be too expensive even used....Those Replika R224 are nice and could be an option. Does anyone know why sits are recommending a wheel installation kit like this? Cant I just used the same lug nuts thats currently on my oem rims?

https://www.1010tires.com/Accessorie...(Nuts)/INSTNUT
I'm fairly certain the hubcentric rings are not needed for the Replika R224 on the NX, as the centre bore is the same. Otherwise, for most aftermarket rims you'll get a bit of a vibration if the centre bore is slightly off; hence the need for this ring.

Valve stems are optional (nice to have only). The wheel nuts you might need to buy new ones, since the OEM ones come with a washer and are a bit bigger (so might not fit).

Any one have any idea how this looks on the NX?
Old 08-29-19, 06:16 AM
ACP84
Driver

I'm fairly certain the hubcentric rings are not needed for the Replika R224 on the NX, as the centre bore is the same. Otherwise, for most aftermarket rims you'll get a bit of a vibration if the centre bore is slightly off; hence the need for this ring.

Valve stems are optional (nice to have only). The wheel nuts you might need to buy new ones, since the OEM ones come with a washer and are a bit bigger (so might not fit).

Any one have any idea how this looks on the NX?
Interesting...didnt realize the lug nuts might not work. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-29-19, 09:22 AM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Eveyone,

Thanks!
Ask and you may receive ; here is a web site that provides for the look on your NX "view on vehicle" button:
https://www.canadawheels.ca/replika-...vehicle=185000

The not so good news, or you need to confirm whether this rim meets the OEM specs, if you click on the OEM Specs, it should show this, as attached, a 18x7.5, not 18x8 specified for the R224 rim! That said, I don't know if this detail is important, as the "devil is in the detail"!

(sometimes the "view on vehicle" button does not show, so I saved a copy just for the fun of it!)
Enjoy

Old 08-29-19, 07:06 PM
MM64
Driver School Candidate

Thanks- what would be the downside to putting on a 18x8?
Old 08-30-19, 05:47 AM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Thanks- what would be the downside to putting on a 18x8?
I don't know what you meant by downside? I am more concerned if this is not working with the wheel well, or its turning function - e.g. no scraping! According to Lexus NX rim specs, it should be 18x7.5 or the tire width is 7.5 inch, not 8 inch as stipulated by the 18x8 rim.

Again, I don't know if this is a problem using 8-inch wide tire on this R224 18-in rim, so check with your dealer to confirm it is OK.
Old 09-05-19, 11:18 AM
MM64
Driver School Candidate

Hi 16fsport2, I see that you are also in ON, do you have any shops to recommend that has a good selection, knowledgeable and good price?
Old 09-05-19, 12:04 PM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Hi 16fsport2, I see that you are also in ON, do you have any shops to recommend that has a good selection, knowledgeable and good price?
I would get 2 or 3 quotes to compare wheel/rim options compatible to your NX model:

1. Your local Lexus dealer, even though they may cost more, at least you can use the info on rims they specified as a reference. And then they may even match others if you ask? In fact, my local dealer even have winter tires packaged online:
https://www.tonygrahamlexus.com/wp-c...s-Michelin.pdf
You may note the 17-inch rim in lieu of the standard 18-inch wheels. This is actually better configuration for winter tires with higher profile 65 vs 60 to chew the snow more effectively.And that this dealer does NOT offer the 18-inch wheel tire package!

2. I talked to the local shop of Kaltire.com. They said come back in mid Oct or Nov when they have them on-sale.
3. Costco (Canada) can be another source for tires, can be used to negotiate with Kal-Tire and/or dealer for price matching.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-08-19, 07:42 PM
Beewee
Driver School Candidate

I just got a set of these for my new NX F-Sport Series 2: https://www.canadawheels.ca/fast-whe...vehicle=185000

They have the same offset, hub bore diameter, bolt pattern, and sufficient load index (‘100’ equivalent) for the F-sport. Plus they are powder coated so it should stand up to road salt better. The only difference between these and stock wheels as far as dimensions go is that they are 18x8 instead of 18x7.5 but it should not make a difference since tires are designed to accommodate a 1/2 inch difference plus/minus for the wheel/rim width. The wheel wells are huge on the NX so I wouldn’t expect issues with rubbing either.

As far as 17 inch wheels go, I would recommend approaching with great caution. When I spoke with my Lexus dealer who consulted their service/parts department, they said that the F-Sport models have larger brake callipers compared to the non-F Sport models and may have clearance issues with 17 inch wheels.

There’s still a month or two before I’ll need to put the winter tires on but I’ll report back once I get the new wheels mounted. I’ve had very good experience with the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 studded tires and ran them for the last 2 winters so I’ll probably go with those again.
Old 09-09-19, 07:06 AM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Beewee

As far as 17 inch wheels go, I would recommend approaching with great caution. When I spoke with my Lexus dealer who consulted their service/parts department, they said that the F-Sport models have larger brake calipers compared to the non-F Sport models and may have clearance issues with 17 inch wheels.
Interesting point about 17-in wheel, as the "person" at the dealer trying to sell me the winter tires package actually advised the 17-in rims & tires. I don't know if this is a sound advice, as all they do at time of signing the paper, always pushed for more sales (rustproofing, extended warranties...). Thus your caution triggered me to find the correct (technical) answer online. This link provides info on the 225/60R18 tires specs and matching rims:
https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/225-60R18.htm

If the info is correct, the available rims are 18" 6 to 8 inch width for 225/60R18
Diameter : 28.6"
Width : 8.9"
Wheel : 18" x 6-8"

So, rim width of 8" is perfectly fine! I am convinced with this info, just wonder why the dealer recommended 17" rims at the first place!

As for the 225/60R18 tires, they are specified in 2019 NX300 brochure, excerpt attached.

Old 09-09-19, 11:56 AM
MM64
Driver School Candidate

Would a 30 or a 35 offset make a difference on the look of the rims on the car? The standard OEM is 35.

By putting a 30 offset on it, wouldn't it pushes the wheel out a bit more?
Old 09-10-19, 11:25 AM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Would a 30 or a 35 offset make a difference on the look of the rims on the car? The standard OEM is 35.

By putting a 30 offset on it, wouldn't it pushes the wheel out a bit more?
Try this web site for an idea:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Whee...et-Calculator#

The outside edge will extend by 5mm; however how it affects the look may not be that obvious (unless you have Superman's X-ray vision ), or whether the tires will touch the wheel well, probably not, is unknown...

My 2 cents
Old 09-17-19, 12:39 PM
ACP84
Driver

I ended up ordering the 18inch Replika R224 today for my NX Fsport as I wanted something direct fit for my Winter set up...Ill post pics sometime in November when I slap them on.

Hopefully the center caps can be replaced with the lexus oem caps for a better look

Quick Reply: Advice on rims for 19 NX300 F-Sport 2